Stay out of Yemen!

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 11:12 am
Let me run this one by you. Some religious nut from Nigeria, makes a mess of trying to blow up a plain. So like the last chap, he didn't really wont die. It looks like he got his underpants made in Yemen. So the USA, wants to send military add to Yemen, and now people are talking about invading Yemen, and it may become the next Afghanistan. All this in less than a week.
Of cause Bush, Blair, and Howard, were only trying to help, and they only killed half a million people doing it, and destroyed two country's. Not to mention starting a civil war in Pakistan, The British, pulled out of Yemen, back in 1967 Its strange how the USA, is invading all the same madhouses that the British, walked away from years ago Does any one think invading another country run by religious nuts is a good idea ?
I know lets invade Israel, that would change every thing.
Dardardit,
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,640 • Replies: 28
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 11:14 am
no need to go in

the Us Air Force and Navy can just sing this tune

"It's Raining (Bombs On Ye)Men"
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 01:09 pm
@dardardit,
You might wish to read up on the subject a little more as your summary is more then a little off.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 01:15 pm
@BillRM,
You do know, Bill, that the People's Democratic Republic of Yemen doesn't exist anymore since 20 years, do you?
BillRM

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 02:26 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
And your point is what?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 02:42 pm
@BillRM,
Eh, I mean, you're surely have read up on the subject a little more and get easily ...
0 Replies

dardardit

Reply Fri 1 Jan, 2010 08:42 pm
@BillRM,
Hi BillRM,
You all ways write like you are the only one that has the correct opinion. You are so worried that I may start picking on America.
So Bill, you must think the last nine years of killing Arabs, has been such a success. That you want to do it again. Then you would be happy to invade Israel,
After all Jews, are the same as Arabs. They look the same as Arabs, they have the same god, and the food is better.
Dardardit,
BillRM

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 07:43 am
@dardardit,
My friend as long as we are involve in the Middle East at all and supporting the current governments of the Middle East we are a target and it does not matter if we are killings terrorists with hell fire missiles or not.

Now you might think that it would be better to just walk away and allow that area to come under the control of religion nuts cases but there are some little draw back for doing so such as area nuclear wars just to start with.

The general population of the area would not be happy either as all the women become far less then third class citizens and the cutting off of hands and other body parts in the public square return to the whole area.

In other word your world view is simple and for the most part incorrect.
dardardit

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:37 am
@BillRM,
Hi BillRM,
Thank you for saying 'Friend' But after writing all that US, propaganda, your Colostomy bag must need emptying.
I remember Blair, and Bush, using woman's rights as a good reason to invade Iraq, killing 250.000 woman and children for woman's rights is not a victory for woman's rights.
As for not trusting these small nations of nutters to fix their own problems.
Name one country that has been better after American, intervention, and Bill, don't mention the war again.
Dardardit,
BillRM

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 08:55 am
@dardardit,
Sorry but it you nean by war WW2 I see no reason to leave that little conflict out except that it does not support your world view at all however I will give you a few others examples from more current times.

All of European to begin with see WW2 history and the cold war period that follow for two generations or so.

And yes your great grandfather if he is anything like you wished us to keep out of that conflict also I am sure.

All the countries we free from being control by the Japanese empire also in that period of time including China.

South Korea is an example from the 1950s.

The oil rich countries that border on Iraq such as Kuwdit and Saudi Arabia that we stop from being taken over by military force in the First Gulf War.

Yes you know no history at all to even think of posing such a silly question.

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 09:37 am
Oh the attacked on our airliner was to try to stop us from supporting the current Yemen government and our responsed of increasing such aid by 300 hundred percent is right on.

If you attack us in order to change our foreign policy you will indeed get the change but not in the direction you would care for.

Rewarding people for attacking our citizens does not make any kind of real world sense however punishing them for so doing does.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 12:27 pm
@dardardit,
Dardardit I know that you do not care that a whole nation of women needed to live lives that even a dog should not be subject to however the female half of Afghan is far better off now then they were under the Taliban rule.

I love the video of the public executions under their rule in the public square of women and men.

Yes sireyou are so right that we never benefit anyone when we dare to interfere.

Silly person.
dardardit

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 09:53 pm
@BillRM,
Hi BillRM,
Thank for your attention, with out your reliable hostile opinions. Why every one ells on this site thinks everything I say is correct. That's why not many reply.
I appreciate opposing comments. Even though I can see you are having trouble maintaining your argument.
That is I asked you to give one example of American, intervention success.
Without mentioning ww2, because every one was in that one, and any way the British, had to fight that one on their own for two year. While America, sat on the fence thinking about what side they were going to back, and to give America, time to build an army.
Plus we have had that argument before. You are stuck in ww2, must be an age thing.
As for women,s rights that is just not a good reason for invading another country. It would be like my hearing the people in the house next to me fighting, and the woman in the house being slapped about and screaming. So I bravely think I must stand up for this woman and help her. I go to the house smash down the door flattening her chilled under the door then kill her husband.
So this woman is not very grateful I wonder why?
People have to help them selves.
Taliban Executions, I don't believe that the state any state should have the right to execute.
The Taliban executions are no worst than any other country's. Stoning, was a common form of execution in Christan Law, and Islam. The reason is, It makes the whole community a part of justice. Islamic law is about being just, an eye for an eye. You may have heard that to men have just been found guilt of cutting off a woman's nose and ears. The men have been given the same punishment. Not nice but just. America, has some vile forms of execution Gas, Electrocution, Hanging, and perhaps the most vile Lethal injection.
Your argument does not hold up invading another nation like Iraq,to help the people get rid of their tyrant is not the truth. After all why not invade Burma, or Simbarbway.
The reason for invading Iraq, is the same as it has always been OIL!
everything ells is a lie.
Gorge W Bush, Tony Blair, and John Howard, are war criminals!
Dardardit,
BillRM

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 10:23 pm
@dardardit,
Quote:
Plus we have had that argument before. You are stuck in ww2, must be an age thing

Hmm I did also write about the Korean war and the First Gulf War and Afghanistan that is far better off now then before did I not?

Quote:
Taliban Executions, I don't believe that the state any state should have the right to execute The Taliban executions are no worst than any other country's

Execution for religion religion reasons is not worst then executing a child killer for example?!!!??

Not being a woman I am sure that you think being force to live a life worst then a dog is no big deal and having your daughters facing such a future is no big deal.

And we are not talking about the right to vote just the right to act like a human being and to leave your home alone or not being the subject to killing for any reason by your male family members.

So if we have a country enslaving blacks for example and working them to death by the ten of thousands a year that would not be a good enough reason to interfere correct? Because that is what was being done to the women in Afghansiton.

Oh side note WW2 was not a thousand years ago and there are many people who fought in that conflict still alive today so why are you so fearful in dealing with it as part of modern history?

0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 2 Jan, 2010 10:46 pm
@dardardit,
Oh the cold war I forget that I did cover the little fact that we guard a fairly large percent of the human race from enslavement for forty years and Europe might just be a little better off then if we had allow the USSR to roll tanks over them.

Shame on us for interfering with the enslavement of our good friends the Europeans.

You might have a point that is was wrong to interfere with the natural course of history in this case.
BillRM

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 12:18 am
@dardardit,
Dardardit you know it is a damn shame that there is not a way to allow fools like you to live in a world where the US had not interfere for the last hundred years or so with the destiny of the world and most of the people on it.

Slavery by one group and or nation that we had block from happening would surely be very richly deserve by you and people of like minds.

That in fact go double for anyone who view slavery when it involved women as no big deal and not worth using force to end.

Let downgrade it by labeling it a question of women rights and the woman movement instead of the human right not to be a slave.
BillRM

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 12:28 am
Lord I love the old mother country and as I already stated it is too bad we can not leave the rest of the world go to hell with the exception of the British.

They are always there to cover our backs.

Thanks you guys and I can almost forgive you for causing us to have such a jealous and whining country on our northern border.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The British government has announced plans to join the United States in funding "anti-terrorist" forces in Yemen.

The announcement on Saturday was made ahead of an international conference later this month to deal with what Western governments have called "rising extremism" in the country.

The US government has said it would be more than double its military assistance to Yemen after Barack Obama, the US president, blamed the al-Qaeda group there for the attempted bombing of a US airliner bound for the city of Detroit on Christmas day.

"We're learning more about the suspect. We know that he travelled to Yemen, a country grappling with crushing poverty and deadly insurgencies," the US president said on Saturday.

"It appears that he joined an affiliate of al-Qaeda and that this group, al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula trained him, equipped him with those explosives and directed him to attack that plane headed for America."

US military aid to Yemen has been inconsistent in recent years, with Sana'a receiving $4.3m in 2006, up to $26m in 2007, down to nothing in 2008, and back up still higher, to $67m in 2009.

Long-term problem

Mahan Abedin, director of the Center for the Study of Terrorism, says that while US aid has fluctuated, the al-Qaeda presence in Yemen has not.

"They've had Yemen in their sights for a very long time ... at least as long as September 11. Even prior to that … Yemen has had a strong militancy problem since the late 1980's."

in depth

Profile: Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula

Profile: Al-Shabab

Video: Yemen - New frontline for US wars?

The fear among Western governments is that Yemen is poised to collapse amid extreme poverty and dwindling resources, and the ungoverned state would provide a safe haven for armed groups.

Gordon Brown, the British prime minister, has said he will hold a meeting in London on January 28 to discuss how to counter radicalisation in Yemen.

The government in Sana'a is struggling to contain an uprising by Shia Houthi rebels in the country's north and a secessionist movement in the south, in addition to the re-grouping of al-Qaeda fighters in recent years.

General David Petraeus, the commander of the US central command, visited Yemen on Saturday to discuss military and economic co-operation with Ali Abdullah Saleh, the Yemeni president, according to officials from both countries.

Petraeus had announced a day earlier that US military aid to Yemen "will more than double this coming year".

Limited options

0 Replies

dardardit

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 06:40 am
@BillRM,
Hi BillRM,
So what is your point in reply to my good and considered reply to your once again telling me that America, won ww2
What is all this bollocks, you have just taken from a news paper.
I am interested in your opinions, yes but I can read from a news paper my self. Come on BillRM, I think you could do better.
It is interesting to see from your sly comments about Canada, that their is some hostility between Americans, and Canada. Is it the French? If so I Quite understand. May be some one from Canada, could fill in the blanks about that one. It can't be just because the Canadians, burnt the white house.
BillRM, I am guessing that you are a lot older than I from the things you write. That's is OK, but if you are tired I understand. Just write when you have an opinion of your own, and do try to stay on the same page.
Dardardit,
dardardit

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 06:51 am
@BillRM,
Hi BillRM,
The USSR was never capable of over running Europe, with or with out the USA, their are to EU, states that have the bomb. End of story there.
Dardardit,
BillRM

Reply Sun 3 Jan, 2010 08:08 pm
@dardardit,
If you mean that I was born right after WW2 yes and so what? I wonder if you consider any event that happen one second before your own birth as unimportant, if so that can not be defended in any way or any manner.

And the poor Canadians on this website to a man and a woman had been unfriendly to there big protector to the South and a little dig at them was done with great amusement on my part.

We are family with the Canadians but the US is in the position of being the good looking and bright sister to the not so good looking sister who can therefore only be jealous of her sister.
0 Replies