Saving a picture

Seed

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 05:31 pm
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/useless713/zombieevolutionsketch.jpg

trying to save this pic as a jpeg. It was created as a jpeg, it was saved in photobucket as a jpeg but when I go to save it it only allows me to save it as a .php file.

Any way to get around this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,619 • Replies: 4
No top replies

panzade

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 05:53 pm
@Seed,
i saved it from your post and it's a jpg
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 05:53 pm
@Seed,
I use Gimp 2, an open source alternative program to Photoshop. When I use the program it automatically assumes I want to save it in .xcf format. What you should try to do is ... when you save the picture file ... see if the program has a "save as" feature. Use that instead of save. When it gives you the file name and asks for you the where you want to save it ... manually delete the .php file extension and type in .jpg.

This works for Gimp 2. For Gimp 2, it will ask me if I want to export the file format to .jpg. Confirm the desire to change the format. Gimp 2 then asks me if I want to compress the file or keep the same level of image quality. I opt for 100% quality transfer (no compression).

And booya! It's a jpg!
http://i48.tinypic.com/2w66qur.jpg
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 06:20 pm
@Seed,
Where are you trying to save it from? How are you trying to save? The pic you posted is a jpg file.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Mon 28 Dec, 2009 06:36 pm
I was trying to saved it from the photobucket link i posted at the start. But in another post it was linked and I could save it from there. Very weird. Either way, problem solved Smile
0 Replies