Number 85 - To see a tree asmiling.

Izzie

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 11:28 am
@danon5,
Lovelies...lovely clickers

sorry, little quiet over here, been a little off colour - picking back up

Spring's on it's way, birds are twitterpating and the buds are starting to appear - LOVE IT. It snowed a little today too (apparently upcountry has a fair bit of the white stuff) - beautiful driving earlier and looking at the moors - beaut.eeeee.ful colours, dark, mysterious, just.... mmmmmmm. Love those moors.

Olympics are fab - ended up staying up far too late last night watching the ladies skeleton thingy. Good on that Brit Gal methinks a? Very Happy

clcilciclccliiciiclciililiciiickclicked

smooches and hugs y'all Very Happy
ehBeth

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 11:56 am
@danon5,
Clicked!

Lovely to see you all.

Spring? it is not spring-like here. Still got ice and a bit of snow on the ground. We never got a lot of snow, but what we've had has stuck stuck stuck around.

See you all later.

Brendalee and I are going to a concert tonight.

reviews are good-ish

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music/article/767222--tafelmusik-s-fortepiano-misses-some-modern-touches

I'm looking forward to it.

Quote:
Modern ears are used to an overall sleekness of sound when listening to Mozart and Haydn, because today's violins have louder strings played with longer bows. The horns have valves. All the instruments project more in a concert hall.

The instruments of the 18th century don't blend as seamlessly with each other and, when led by someone like Weil, who likes to highlight orchestral textures in unsubtle ways, the air vibrates with all kinds of rhythms and timbres usually absent from a modern symphony.

The effect in an intimate space like Trinity-St. Paul's grabs one's attention, especially with such well-worn fare as Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusic, from 1787, and Haydn's C-Major Symphony No. 97, one of the works he wrote for his London visit in 1792.

Weil made both pieces sound fresh. They danced enticingly, showing off their composers' keen sense of musical invention.

For Mozart's 1785 Concerto No. 20, in the dramatic key of D minor, Brautigam played his solos on a reproduction fortepiano " a delicate instrument that fills the evolutionary gap between a harpsichord and the pianoforte.

This was the only time I missed the wider dynamics and much, much stronger musical presence of a piano. The fortepiano seemed lost amidst the 32-member orchestra, sounding as if located in an adjoining room. Brautigam played nicely. He performed his own cadenzas " something Mozart would have improvised at the concerto's premiere " but even they seemed unduly modest.

Hearing music on original instruments is an ear-opening experience. But it's not always the most satisfying one in the 21st century.
Stradee

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 06:25 pm
@ehBeth,
Hi wildclickers!

Weathers a bit cooler today, rain expected.

Iz, hope you're feeling better soon. How bout those Olympics! Fabulous!

Works done by 3:00 p.m. and me and the herd glued to the tv. Oh...and the deer visited today, a good indication Spring is just around the corner (that and the pine trees sprouting new growth) hurray!

How bout the Australian girl winning the half pike? Good job! Cross country racings' been very good too. Luv the games!

Beth, sounds like a wonderful concert! Have fun...

Dan and all, have a good evening ~

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674

0 Replies

danon5

Reply Fri 19 Feb, 2010 06:32 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie, you're quite the stuff. ((Is THAT English or WHAT???))

I know, I know --- it's not even close. However, I do so try.

Back during the late '70's - I spent a night in a hotel in London close to Hyde Park ((it was a preference)) - I walked the park at night and looked at the scenery. Ah, splended!!

Next morning, I hailed a cab and went to Victoria Station for the return trip to the airport. Next thing I knew there was some little old gray haired man with a hand cart loading my luggage onto it - then he said to me, "Where to Sir?" I said, "Heathrow." He started pushing all my luggage at a rate that I had to run to keep up with him. He stopped in front of a two layered bus and placed my bags on it - then ushered me onto the bus. I was approx 34 yrs old at the time and had a Black Belt in Karate - still practicing as instructor in a school near Fort Lewis, Washington and had a tough time keeping up with this old gray haired man. He got a great tip.

He also disappeared as quickly as he appeared...........Wow, ?????

Later, if you are interested, I'll tell you about the overnight in London at the expense of the IRA. True story. ((Well, it wasn't really at the expense of the IRA - but the airline had to hold overnight))

Nuther tree asmiling!!!!

More clicks = more trees saved.

danon5

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 09:29 pm
@danon5,
All clicked this day. Thanks all Wildclickers.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 09:51 pm
@danon5,
great concert

I sooooooooo love Bruno Weil as a conductor. Such joy coming from every millimetre of him.

Quiet day. Relaxing.

Clicked.

danon5

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 07:45 pm
@ehBeth,
Sounds like fun, ehBeth............ Glad you are feeling better.

There's another tree feeling better also.

ehBeth

Reply Sun 21 Feb, 2010 08:30 pm
@danon5,
Clickity clickity biscuit click!

Nice sunny day here in Tranna. Got some clothes out on the Wildclickers' clothesline. Always think of the team when I'm putting things out there.

Makes me and the trees smile

Very Happy
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 09:13 am
@alex240101,
Currently: "you have saved 1,750.5 sq. ft. so far so far"
Fifty three days/thirty four clicks.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 09:29 am
@alex240101,
clicked early today

good earthturn to all
Stradee

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 01:43 pm
@ehBeth,
Began the day late...Olympic tv....Very Happy

good earthturn to you too, Beth and all the wildclickers

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Mon 22 Feb, 2010 06:38 pm
@ehBeth,
Lines of clothing, eh.......
Glad to hear clothes reminds you of us, ehBeth......Grin

Hi Stradee and Alex - great clicking Alex, way to go -----------!

danon5

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 08:28 pm
@danon5,
I see Canada won the Gold in pairs skating --- Great!!!

I set up a TV outside on the porch and all the trees are watching --- they applaud with limber arms -------- Ooooooooo --- I know, weak.

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 08:32 pm
@danon5,
clicking in the morning
clicking in the afternoon
clicking in the evening

the rainforest thanks the wildclickers all around the clock

some great games, eh!
Stradee

Reply Tue 23 Feb, 2010 08:44 pm
@ehBeth,
Super!!

Rain, sleet, snow...but cozy indoors and watchin' the games this evening.

dan...no words Laughing

good evening all ~
danon5

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 08:58 am
@Stradee,
Well, Stradee, a good laugh is always a limbering thing. Sorta relaxes ya too.

ehBeth, I finally learned how to spell A ----------- eh?

sumac

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 11:22 am
Computer burned up and have been offline while I awaited a replacement. Glad to be back.
ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 11:31 am
@sumac,
Good to see you back online!

clicked
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 01:00 pm
@danon5,
Hi ya sue! Wondered what happened, hadn't seen your face here. Glad you're back!

Dan, weathers so cold, could use a few laughs to defrost me facha.

Beth, luvin' the Olympics and all the tours of B.C. A mini vacation. Smile

Alex, iz, and all the wildclickers....have a great day!

danon5

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2010 07:57 pm
@Stradee,
Sue, glad to see ya.........

Stradee, it's damn cold here also. Had snow to the S. of us here in TX last night. But, none at my house. Just freezing temps.

The daffodills started blooming here last month - JAN!! Now the Lilies are blooming --- all in the blasted COLD.