Number 85 - To see a tree asmiling.

danon5

Reply Sat 19 Nov, 2011 03:10 pm
@sumac,
That's sad sumac. The politicians are so corrupt down there that I believe nothing will be accomplished soon. Sad. There used to be thousands of native villages in Brazil - now there are only hundreds left and going away fast.

Thanks for the article.

danon5

Reply Mon 21 Nov, 2011 05:13 pm
@danon5,
Everyone have a happy clicking week...................................

Thanks

High Seas

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 12:08 pm
@danon5,
Thank you and a very happy Thanksgiving to all of you and families! This amazing picture was taken by someone who pointed his camera at the sky while standing on the equator (12-hour day, 12-hour night, year-round) and left the shutter open for 10 hours, from 1 hour after sunset to 1 hour before sunrise.
http://www.astrosurf.com/sguisard/Pagim/SGU-From-pole-to-pole-1200x800-cp8.jpg
danon5

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 03:15 pm
@High Seas,
Stunning HS.......... Most people think the moon rises in the East and sets in the West. 1/2 the time it begins it's rise in the W. and promptly sets. Then, the next night it appears higher in the Western sky then promptly sets. Next night it appears higher - next night higher, etc. until finally it starts to appear nearer in the Eastern sky near sunset. When it begins it's rise in the E. and at sunset that is usually around the full moon phase. The sky is a wonder to watch - the "stars" move into different positions each night - and, then there are the planets !!! It's no wonder the ancient people started to be curious about whats going on up there.

Thanks for the pic ---------- It's beautiful.

And thanks all good clickers for staying in there to save a tree a day.

0 Replies

danon5

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 03:19 pm
@High Seas,
Oh, and we mustn't forget about sat's and space junk. That moves also.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL !!!

Have a good visit all..............

sumac

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 09:56 am
@danon5,
Yes, happy Thanksgiving to all who visit here.
danon5

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2011 03:06 pm
@sumac,
Hi sumac,
My tummy's full still -----------

Thanks for the clicks.

sumac

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 07:24 am
@danon5,
The Curious Don Young
Say this for Congressman Don Young: He is thoroughly predictable and, on energy and environmental matters, almost always wrong.

For the last 38-plus years, Mr. Young, Republican of Alaska, has specialized in bringing copious pork dollars to his home state. He is also unmatched as a fountain of dubious ideas — unnecessary roads through protected wildlife refuges, clear-cutting in old-growth forests like the Tongass, and not one but two infamous “bridges to nowhere” that would have provided access to thinly populated parts of Alaska at gigantic cost.

Now comes another effort by Mr. Young to open the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge to oil drilling — specifically, the refuge’s coastal plain, a narrow 1.6 million-acre wilderness that flanks the Beaufort Sea and is home to caribou, polar bears, wolves and dozens of rare arctic bird species. Bruce Babbitt, the former interior secretary, once said that opening the plain to drilling would be as insulting as building a hyrdroelectric dam in the Grand Canyon.

What’s interesting about Mr. Young’s renewed advocacy is that drilling in the refuge — a hot subject of a debate in the 1990s — has receded from public discussion. Even the oil companies seem less interested in drilling there than they once were. One reason is that more and more oil and gas discoveries have been made elsewhere, in less forbidding and less sensitive places. And the Senate has never wanted to subject the refuge to the environmental damage that drilling would bring.

Yet Mr. Young persists, even though the new five-year drilling plan of Interior Secretary Ken Salazar would open large swaths of this country’s outer continental shelf tonew exploration, including some of the waters off Alaska. But Mr. Salazar will not recommend opening the refuge; his Fish and Wildlife Service wants to give it permanent wilderness protection, putting it beyond the drillers’ reach. That’s what rankles Don Young. And, in a curious way, keeps him going.
danon5

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 03:58 pm
@sumac,
Don Young is not trying to help his people in Alaska - most are on well-fare and have been all their lives. Most male - and I don't know how many females - in Alaska are alcoholics, and have been all their lives. During my two and a half years serving the USA while in the US Army I was stationed in Alaska and flew all over the state. My best friend from Vietnam days was stationed with the Nome, AK Nat'l Guard - we visited often and he took me to several villages where Native Americans are still living like they did a hundred years ago. Now, where is Don Young when it comes to taking care of those people????????? He is in Anchorage and Juneau making deals with his "friends" who take our tax dollars and rob us blind.....................

That's what's happening way too often in our "Capital City" - DC !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look at Katrina in New Orleans --- our tax money was given to contractors who then SUBcontracted that money to other contractors who SUBcontracted the same remaining money (our money) to other contractors !!!!!!! According to what I have read only FIVE CENTS per dollar was actually used to do anything in or around New Orleans. That should be illegal, but apparently it isn't.........................

How dumb can we get??????????????????

danon5

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 03:08 pm
@danon5,
Happy Tuesday everyone - have a nice rest of the week.

Thanks for the clicks - it means a lot.

danon5

Reply Tue 29 Nov, 2011 06:06 pm
@danon5,
Here's a funny --- hope it works ok for everyone =

http://windowssecrets.com/wacky-web-week/turkeys-in-pursuit-of-state-troopers/
danon5

Reply Tue 6 Dec, 2011 09:44 am
@danon5,
Hoping all had a good last week - and, Wishing all a good week ahead.

Thanks for the clicks - we save trees.

danon5

Reply Fri 9 Dec, 2011 09:53 am
@danon5,
We missed a good day last month...........
On the 11th we - if we had been on this page - would have been -
TaDa --- 11-11-11-111 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah so. ((Charlie Chan TV program in the USA invented that so called Asian phrase - it means nothing in Chinese.... There were several actors who played the lead - Peter Ustinov was the last - George Kuwa was the first in 1926))

Thanks for the clicks........................

Oh, and, Ah So.......... The Asian Fortune Cookie was also an American idea........

As was the Margarita - no one knows for sure who the person was but the best guess seems to be a fabulous hostess and Dallas socialite, Margarita Sames.

danon5

Reply Sun 11 Dec, 2011 09:41 am
@danon5,
Now this is great = today in 1941 Germany declared war on the USA - we accepted.
Now, earlier I said =

We missed a good day last month...........
On the 11th we - if we had been on this page - would have been -
TaDa --- 11-11-11-111 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Today, would be day 11 on 11-11-11-111 !!!!!!!!!!!
Now, that's great.

Thanks for the clicks saving trees and lives around the world.

danon5

Reply Mon 12 Dec, 2011 07:52 am
@danon5,
But, it's Dec and we have fun to look forward to - and then the year 2012 --- My God, where did all the time go?????????????

I was born in 1942 - remember gathering metals for the war effort and living on ration cards.

danon5

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 08:06 am
@danon5,
Here we are at Sat - 17th ------
I just love the clicking of all you free people who think that the Earth - (as one of many habitable planets in our space))) can exist with other people on other planets ---- OPP'S - I forgot for a second that we would just start shooting at them rather than talk...........
Thank you all for the clickes to save as much of our clean air as possible...............

PS - We have just found a planet that is just like ours and would support life as we know it - it may be a way to continue our race of humans - or whatever we become - to exist.

Ta Da --- thanks again for providing a continuance of life as we know it.

High Seas

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 08:51 am
@danon5,
LOL, if somebody declares war on you, there's no accepting or declining - not an invitation to a duel, or anything Smile

Hope things are well at your home and wish you all Merry Christmas.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 10:27 am
Hello everyone!

I posted a picture of this tree on another thread hoping someone could identify it. I asked the homeowner and the help desk at our local nursery and nobody knew what it was. High Seas suggested I try posting it here.

Any help appreciated!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/tree.jpg
High Seas

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 10:30 am
@boomerang,
Good thinking there, Boomerang - this is the tree thread and if Danon5 doesn't know what your tree is, chances are nobody else does either. You may not like to give your exact location online, but at least we can tell Danon it's Pacific Northwest near the ocean (well I think it is, please correct if wrong Smile ).
ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 10:33 am
@danon5,
clicking away through Facebook - the reminders there are helpful

almost Fourth Advent!

Love to all the WildClickers
0 Replies