The Year of Great Video Games

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 03:54 pm
I own a PS3, mainly for the Blue Ray capability, but if there is a really great game out there I'll get it. This year, there were three games that were just fantastic IMO and that doesn't even include the new Call of Duty game (because I didn't get it.) Infamous, Batman Arkham Asylum and most recently Assassin's Creed II all raised the performance bar dramatically with great story lines, fantastic graphics and amazing gameplay. I hear that Uncharted II is also superb, but that is likely a Christmas present. Assassin's Creed in particular should demand royalties from the Italian Tourism Bureau. Does anyone else feel that video game designers at the high end are really starting to access the power of their gaming platforms?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,666 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 05:06 pm
@engineer,
I haven't been much of a gamer for years, but this last year I got into the Wii a bit, and then ditched the Wii and got into mobile gaming on the iPhone. The industry is having a nice run, not just from blockbuster titles smashing all entertainment records, but there's a lot of innovation going on as well.

Some of the iPhone games out there are a night and day difference from the usual mobile fare, I'm playing full ports on my phone now that I used to play on my computer (e.g. the full original Driver game). And because of the mobility I now actually have time for games again.

So while the big console titles aren't something I'm a part of this year, I did get back into gaming with the huge strides mobile gaming is taking. I can't wait for the next generations of mobile, this one is already where PCs were at around 2000.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 22 Dec, 2009 05:28 pm
I agree engy! This was a great year for gaming. Based on your likes, if you haven't played Metal Gear Solid 4 yet, I think you'd like it. don't worry if you haven't played the previous 3, the game does a pretty good job briefing you on the past. It is quite the cinematic gaming experience with a message.

T
K
O
0 Replies