How to get free shipping on toys from Amazon

ossobuco

Sun 22 Nov, 2009 06:08 pm
@Green Witch,
Thanks, I'll try it. I think I used to check out abe..
I've a post office problem in that mine is far-ish away for me to drive to now, in contrast to UPS or FedEx - if I were selling or trading books with media mail.
Thus my sudden interest in Goodwill.. I'm useless with libraries as I've long been poor at getting books back on time and I have this tendency to sleep on them, thus messing them up in some way.

This reminds me, I've a friend who never graduated from university since he failed to pay his library fines...
0 Replies

roger

Sun 22 Nov, 2009 07:01 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Big brother is monitoring these threads and getting ready for any PR related action (direct or other wise).

They probably do. I once ran a thread on Clorox Liquid Snot. Within a month, it was off the market.
0 Replies

boomerang

Sun 22 Nov, 2009 09:53 pm
Huh....

Now that playstation version is $984.00!

It has gone up $200 this week.
tsarstepan

Sun 22 Nov, 2009 10:05 pm
@boomerang,
They know that some big pocketed parents will break under the whinellage of their bratty kids and buy the latest Playstation console even if it goes past the insane $1000 dollar mark. Vigilance and shrewdness rewards those patient and wise consumers. Buy the console after the holiday season. Cool
CalamityJane

Mon 23 Nov, 2009 09:32 am
@tsarstepan,
You know who buys those things? Mostly those parents who cannot afford it!
I am always amazed how much the lower income families spend on Christmas and then they make payments all year long to their cc companies.

The true spirit of Christmas is long forgotten - so sad!
ehBeth

Mon 23 Nov, 2009 09:48 am
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

You know who buys those things? Mostly those parents who cannot afford it!

lots of men and women in their 20's and 30's are buying them for their own use and for their s.o.'s

a couple of years ago, a colleague paid close to $2000 over retail to get one for her fiance for Christmas. crazy, but not unusual.
0 Replies

boomerang

Tue 8 Dec, 2009 08:18 am
I did end up ordering some stuff from Amazon because I was having trouble finding it locally.

I put all three items in my shopping cart and went to check out -- all three items shipped from different places driving my shipping cost to $20.00 on $50.00 worth of purchases.

That sucks.
DrewDad

Tue 8 Dec, 2009 08:55 am
@boomerang,
Did you go shop for it somewhere else, and then come back to see if you had free shipping?
boomerang

Tue 8 Dec, 2009 11:10 am
@DrewDad,
Actually, I shopped for all of it elsewhere first!

I keep a list of things Mo requests on Amazon so that when a gift giving occassion rolls around I have some ideas. There wasn't much on his list this year and I found most of it locally for a better price. As I found them, I'd delete them from the list. Every deletion seemed to result in some kind of "BUT WAIT" email.

There were two items on the list I was having trouble tracking down locally, I ordered the third just because it was convenient.

0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:01 pm
@boomerang,
I signed up for that free one month subscription thingy that will cost after a month kicks in - you get free 2 day shipping (of course this is dependent on the company that actually sells you something - some are not necessarily part of this amazon thing. I did this just for Christmas shopping - I have a note reminder on my calendar to kick out for me to cancel.
tsarstepan

Wed 9 Dec, 2009 12:12 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

I did this just for Christmas shopping - I have a note reminder on my calendar to kick out for me to cancel.

Very shrewd indeed! Very Happy
Linkat

Wed 9 Dec, 2009 01:55 pm
@tsarstepan,
It worked well except for one a couple items which I had to pay shipping from because the retailer is not part of this amazon shipping stuff. The price was so low on these items that even if shipping it was cheap so still worth it.

You do need to watch these shipping costs as sometimes it ends up being much more expensive than thought.
DrewDad

Wed 9 Dec, 2009 03:03 pm
@Linkat,
We have one item that is scheduled to be delivered December 24th.

We're assuming it won't arrive on time.
Linkat

Wed 9 Dec, 2009 03:10 pm
@DrewDad,
Actually I had ordered something a little over a week or so ago - amazon also stated this was delayed order and it was anticipated until Dec.24 and possibly after Christmas - I got an email later saying I should get it earlier and the estimate was changed to Dec. 22.

I got it end of last week. I think they usually try to be conservative on their estimates.
0 Replies

boomerang

Wed 9 Dec, 2009 03:19 pm
One of the things I ordered was an "Army" style backpack for Mo -- he's been begging for one. I paid about $35 for the backpack and shipping.

A package arrived from Iraq today from Maj. Gen. Brother -- a very cool, REAL Army backpack, complete with all kinds of patches, etc AND an American flag that flew over Al Faw Palace , complete with documentation and a photo of Brother and his staff holding the flag. (Should I try to get all that framed up in a set?)

I tried to cancel the order through Amazon but it's already shipped.

Sooooo..... I guess I just bought myself an "Army" style backpack.....
CalamityJane

Wed 9 Dec, 2009 03:26 pm
I just bought an iPod nano from Amazon. It was the cheapest price anywhere,
plus no sales tax or shipping cost. This saved me good $ 50, as Apple had a much higher price, and charges sales tax and shipping additionally.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Fri 3 Dec, 2010 10:49 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:
Oh, definitely. Other's have documented how prices on Amazon change based on whether you've shopped other sites, or visited a bargain-hunting site like "My Simon".

I think this is B.S., I'd love to see the documentation.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Fri 3 Dec, 2010 11:00 am
@boomerang,
Boomer- You can't cancel once an order is shipped, but you can return it after it comes.
Don't open the package, contact Amazon, and ask for a return label.

I had bought a pair of those sunglasses that fit over regular glasses. I checked the size very carefully, but when it arrived, it was too small. I asked for a return label, and they sent it to me. I did not have to pay for the return shipping.
0 Replies