epiphone, guitar

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 11:47 am
I have an Epiphone accoustic guitar model FT-146 serial # 671216. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 11:50 am
@Lancasterench,
Lancasterench wrote:

I have an Epiphone accoustic guitar model FT-146 serial # 671216. Can anyone tell me anything about it?

Well, it's your guitar. Why don't you tell us something about it?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 12:01 pm
@Lancasterench,
Yes, you keep it in your closet and play it at night, unless your mom says it's too late for that 'noise'.
Lancasterench

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 12:04 pm
@Ragman,
probably old enough to be your dad and likely able to ??? I was asking a serious question and not soliciting to ignorance.
McTag

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 05:15 pm
@Lancasterench,

Paul McCartney played an Epiphone acoustic on his last big American tour.

Good guitar.

I've got a red double cutaway semi-ac which looks like the Gibson BB King plays.

Nice.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 05:26 pm
Made in korea/japan apparently
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 05:34 pm
Epiphones are Gibson's cheaper line. From what I can find in a quick poke around Google, they made 'em starting in the early 70s, they're laminates--i.e. not solid pieces of wood, dreadnought size, i.e. large body, the usual acoustic, folk, bluegrass, country size. An FT-147, probably similar, is "Buy It Now" on eBay for $200. Not collectible, as far as I can tell.If it sounds good, play it. Yeah, I think dadpad's probably right on the manufacture.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 05:52 pm
@Lancasterench,
At age 59, I doubt it.

This is an example of some humor...perhaps that is foreign territory for you. If you don't enjoy my humor, just scroll on by. I wish you well.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 20 Nov, 2009 08:04 pm
@Lancasterench,
Quote:
I was asking a serious question and not soliciting to ignorance.

Dont take yourself too seriously old man. Have a laugh with the rest of us old and grumpy's

Interjections such as those above serve several purpouses
1. entertainment value
2. bumping/keeping the post into the top 50 so that it gets seen by as many people as posible.
0 Replies

Ken Graves

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 12:43 pm
@Lancasterench,
I also have one - SN 662672. It was a pretty good guitar. I hauled it around the country for several years. Then it got left in the cab of a broke down pickup for couple of summer months on the coast of Texas. Now the action is so high that I use it for slide only. I put a steel gadget on the nut that raises the strings and flattens the neck radius. It still sounds just fine - a nice deep, rich tone.
The only info I could find says they were made in the '70s in Japan or Korea and are made of laminate (not solid wood).
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 6 Dec, 2009 03:22 pm

I saw Paul Barrere and Fred Tackett last night (ex-Little Feat)

They played an acoustic set, and they both played Epiphone guitars, and an Epiphone mandolin too. Good sound.
0 Replies

garymess

Reply Fri 25 Dec, 2009 09:16 pm
I've have one that I bought it in 1977. That was when Norlin owned the company. I would never give it up. It sounds pretty good and looks very nice. The wood aged and got darker on top. I have mine getting fixed right now. I had a humidpak from Planet Waves in it while I was storing it. It leaked and made a mess on the inside. Planet Waves is paying for it. I have other acoustic guitars. It sounds better than my Ibanez but not as good as my Gibson.
Lancasterench

Reply Tue 29 Dec, 2009 07:19 pm
@garymess,
Thanks for the information. Was yours an FT-146? I hope they make it right for the damage to your guitar.
0 Replies

aljams

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 06:33 pm
@Lancasterench,
The ft blue labels from the 70's are fine Japanese mades. I have several and each one is a treasure. I haven't seen a 146 but I have a 147 and a 145 Texan.......my favorite is a 155 that has a curly ash back and sides. They sound and play great. I've found many of these unsung jewels in very good shape. One of the best bargains out there for a semi-collectible guitar. Be careful what you believe when it comes to dating them by the label......a little research can get you pretty close.
Ragman

Reply Thu 26 Jun, 2014 10:09 pm
@aljams,
Your info will be useful to some who might read this; however, you might want to check the datestamp in the future as the person to whom your addressing has long since left the forum. In fact, the thread has been inactive for 4.5 yrs.
dramasage

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2015 01:13 am
@Ragman,
Personally, I'm glad aljams replied. His reply was helpful to me, and might be helpful to others researching this guitar model.
roger

Reply Sat 18 Jul, 2015 01:56 am
@dramasage,
Me too. Nothing's wasted and we got to see one of our favorite posters again.
0 Replies