? ? WEIR ERROR MESSAGES ? ?

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 02:49 am
I get these error messages on Start up and Restart...I have ran the Scan disk from Windows and Norton System works and I still get these messages...

Can you guys explain what this is??

How can I fix this??

http://optikbox.ath.cx/files/Error1.gif

I clicked to see the details and I got this message...

http://optikbox.ath.cx/files/Error2.gif

This is the details I get from the error.

http://optikbox.ath.cx/files/Error4.gif
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 726 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 03:11 am
Dude, those screenshots give away your name. I'd remove them and post the text found in the text files that your last screenshot cites.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 03:52 am
These seem to be a part of bug reports about the software. You can either send the report or deny sending. In many cases I do not think they will cause any harm if the sending target is sure.
(When I was using a beta version of the browser Mozilla, they were usually automatically sending bug reports when there were problems.)
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 09:38 am
??Weir error
I can't help you with this particular problem, but (just to depress you further) I have found that most of the time when you transmit the error message to Microsoft the response is totally incomprehensible. Only once has a response made any sense to me, and it didn't, in the event, help.

Perhaps experts like Craven and Monger, etc can use the info given in these reponses, but I sure couldn't. Rolling Eyes

Craven is absolutely right - don't leave any clue to your name, etc in these posts. Just copy and paste the text from the MS response.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 09:39 am
??Weir erros
P.S. If the response can't be copied, then grit your teeth and type it yourself.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 09:43 am
First of all those bug reports aren't meant to help you solve it. It's for the tracking of bugs on MS's side.

There is no harm in sending them unless you use a fake copy of windows but I disable the sending of errors to MS altogether just to avoid clicking that button.

And the real info about the error is in the files the last dialogue mentions, the screenshot is basically telling us where on YOUR computer the info about the error is recorded.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 10:07 am
When did it start happenning? Is there anything you suspect played a role in causing it? Have you installed any new hardware recently? Or software? Does it happen EVERY time you start the computer? Are the numbers on the error message always the same? How long does it take for the message to come up after Windows starts? Is anything else acting unusual? and so on..

If you or anyone you know feels ambitious enough to give it a try, you could use the Microsoft Dumpchk.exe tool to analyze the dump file (in your case, Mini100603-01.dmp) which would help determine what the problem is. Microsoft has a Knowledgebase article (Q315271) explaining how to get started with Dumpchk.
0 Replies

TejanoRey

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 10:18 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
Dude, those screenshots give away your name. I'd remove them and post the text found in the text files that your last screenshot cites.

I"m not concerned of my name being there..they are merely my resume's.
0 Replies