Terrific sounding site

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 03:47 pm
I have come across a site called Findsounds.com. The only trouble i that I can't figure out how to retrieve the sounds. Supposedly the sound of your choice is downloaded, but where is it downloaded to? Confused The FAQ's aren't at all clear on this poin - at least not to me.

Supposedly I should be able to play them on Windows Media Player, but every time I log on to the site and choose a sound I get Real Player on my screen. I do have Real Player listed on my Start>Programs menu, but have never used it, since I have Windows Media Player.

Is anyone familiar with this site?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 613 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 03:52 pm
I can think of two things. Either RealPlayer is your default player, or findsounds are compatible only with RealPlayer. As long as you can play them, what do you care?
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 03:52 pm
Terrific sounding site
P.S. Windows Media Player is indicated as the player of choice for Windows to receive the sounds.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 03:55 pm
Terrific sounding site
Wow! talk about fast responses!!

The problem is, though, that I can't play them. Sad
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 04:59 pm
Hmmm......... I asked for a sound in the search box, and chose this one:

http://www.baldock34.freeserve.co.uk/guff.wav

I clicked on the link, and it played on my Real Player. (I don't have Windows Media installed!)
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 05:52 pm
Terrific sounding site
Phoenix - I tried the link you gave, and Real Player popped up on the screen, along with the site of your link. It said I should update Real Player, but Real Player wouldn't work; it generated a Microsoft Error Report.

I went to the Real Player service site which gave me directions, but they will only work if RP is functioning. Unfortunately, I can't get RP to function at all. Rolling Eyes

Also - RP isn't even mentioned on the Findsounds site, only Windows Media Player - so where does all that leave me?! Confused
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 05:59 pm
Tomkitten- Hmmm............ One of the reasons that I DON'T have Windows Media, as I recall, is that I had RealPlayer. When I DID install the latest version of Windows Media at the time, (being very careful to allocate different types of files to each player), I was getting all sorts of error messages. Quick as a bunny, I uninstalled Windows Media, and the problem went away.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 06:53 pm
Terrific sounding site
Phoenix - How did you get the sound to play on your Real Player? Like, which buttons should I push?
0 Replies