physics

jmancho

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 11:57 am
what do you notice about the ratio (sin θi/ sin θR) for all angle of incidences greater than 0 degrees? explain why you would expect this to be true?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,008 • Replies: 2
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 12:01 pm
@jmancho,
jmancho wrote:

what do you notice about the ratio (sin θi/ sin θR) for all angle of incidences greater than 0 degrees? explain why you would expect this to be true?

First thing I noticed was the i and R. I am not sure why I would expect this to be true or false. It's just different. Sometimes the truth isn't what you expect it to be. Like the time I visited New York City and discovered that though the Empire State building was very tall, it just wasn't that exceptional. Truism should never be relied on.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 03:18 pm
@jmancho,
what do you know about the angles of incidence and the angles of reflection on a surface ? what would the sine of both of them be if you knew their values with respect to each other. So, then what would the sines of two (same) values give us as a ratio?
0 Replies