Take the Online Proust Quiz!

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 12:38 pm
Quote:
Graydon Carter Does Proust
Thursday, November 05, 2009

For decades, the back page of Vanity Fair has been devoted to the "Proust Quiz," the same series of questions answered by celebrities and politicians. Graydon Carter, editor of Vanity Fair discusses the highlights, which have been compiled in Vanity Fair's Proust Questionnaire: 101 Luminaries Ponder Love, Death, Happiness, and the Meaning of Life, out now.

Answer The Proust Quiz For Yourself!
http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/proust-questionnaire

http://www.onthemedia.org./shows/bl/episodes/2009/11/05/segments/143835

The results from me taking the quiz...
http://i34.tinypic.com/2eureop.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 12 • Views: 7,990 • Replies: 73

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 01:38 pm
Mark -- that's also on Facebook but haven't had the time to take it yet. I have a small book or Proust's philosophy of life (it's contained in his novels and short stories but the essentials are in this book).
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 01:54 pm
Odd - I'm not a big fan and often times he annoys me -

Conan O'Brien

and Timothy Leary - I don't even know who he is.
djjd62

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 02:41 pm
@tsarstepan,

"he must have let himself down a bit on the hobbies, golfs not very popular around here" classic
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 02:53 pm
wow, i'm 91.75 percent like karl rove

so there you go, it just proves what i've always said, political folks are all douchebag pricks
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 03:17 pm
Weird stuff:
I identify 88.96 percent with Joan Didion and 75.65 with Sting.

I'm not all that fond of Didion, have only read a couple of things by her, and consider her something of a poseur, not to say a phony. So that puts me in my place all right.

I'm not sure I even know who Sting is. Some sort of rock star, right? Know nothing whatsover about him, his music or his public persona.

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 03:19 pm
@Merry Andrew,
He was the villain in "Dune."
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 03:20 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
and Timothy Leary - I don't even know who he is.

Timothy Leary was the MIT professor who became famous as an advocate of LSD and drug use in general. "Turn on, tune in, drop out" is the famous expression often attributed to him.
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 03:21 pm
@Lightwizard,
Read the book (long time ago), never saw the film.
But, thnx, George.
Lightwizard

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 03:21 pm
@Linkat,
Leary was the original infamous purveyor of LSD and I used to get some good pot from him in Laguna Beach. I think Conan is on LSD.
djjd62

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 03:22 pm
@Merry Andrew,
he's best known recently for lute playing and his touting of tantric sex
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 03:22 pm
bookmarking

I'll take this later.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 03:23 pm
@Lightwizard,
Quote:
I think Conan is on LSD.

Conan is on Cloud Nine. Yeh, acid might have something to do with it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 03:26 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 03:30 pm
@Lightwizard,
Thx for the video, LW. OK. I don't being a li'l bit like Sting.
Linkat

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 03:30 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Great so I have something in common with some drugged out Doctor from MIT. Well at least he must be smart.

Sting is a singer - also was the lead singer from the Police. Not sure if I'd like to be like him, but I do enjoy his music and saw him in concert before.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 03:31 pm
@Lightwizard,
What does that say about me? Especially since I've never taken LSD.

Maybe I have been reading too much from that Leonabanks women and her crack cocaine addict ex-boyfriend.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 03:33 pm
@Merry Andrew,
Certainly better than an LSD MIT guy and some coked up late night host. I did look him - interestingly both are from the Boston area.
Tai Chi

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 05:20 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

wow, i'm 91.75 percent like karl rove

so there you go, it just proves what i've always said, political folks are all douchebag pricks

Geez, dj, I got 85.54% Karl Rove. Do you suppose we're related? Even more disturbing, I got 92.91% Arnold Shwartzenegger. Not sure I want to think about what that means.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 6 Nov, 2009 05:26 pm
@djjd62,
Yeah, that confused me too. I got a 70 something percent comparison to Karl Rove myself. He's my 3rd or 4th closest match. I don't understand the Summer Redstone association. Stephen Colbert constantly makes fun of the head of Viacom. Perhaps he's not that bad as Colbert jokingly makes him out to be.

I don't understand how I could possibly have anything in common with Sydney Poitier either. Though, he should be embarrassed with that association rather then me. But then again, he has such a reputation for being such a class act that I believe he would spare me the harsh reality and let me at least dwell in this temporary delusion of commonality.
0 Replies