Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 06:28 pm
Good evening. I have been on this forum several times in the past, trying to get or keep stories going in the Original Writing category.

There was a kid who worked for me briefly, very briefly, who we knew as Gothboy. I'm sure our payroll service knew his name, address, social security number etc, but to us he was simply Gothboy. He had the uniform of a goth (black clothes) and the sad demeanor, with frequent sighs. He took off.

Amazingly, he calls me every once in awhile. He'll call from Florida; and then, two weeks later, from New Mexico. I don't know why he calls me; I'm more than twice as old. But I'm a good listener and when I was his age, before there were interstates, and before Vietnam, I did a lot of thumb.

Anyway, Gothboy called this morning. NYC. This is true: he has been hitchhicking between Chicago, Boston and New York "covering" the baseball playoffs. I'm not sure I understand why, but he has found it pretty fascinating. He doesn't have the money to actually get into the games, of course. He talks to people outside.

He's pretty bummed that neither of the gritty "sox" teams made it.

*******So you have met Gothboy. Wierd kid. Your job is to introduce a new character in as many words as you need. Don't worry about whether your character fits with others. At this point we are just looking for people.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 2,982 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 08:42 pm
I was born to march towards perfection, but I have a talent for detours and right now I'm trying to lose thirty more pounds.

Because I live on a twisting country road--no berm, let alone no sidewalks--I usually drive to walk. During the summer I could use the local high school track, but now I have a choice between trudging laps around the supermarket lot and circling the out-of-season flea market.

Usually I choose the closed flea market. I like the privacy. Last week I was approached by a woman seen many times before. She claims to be a seventh generation Finnish witch. I don't know much about Finnish witches, but her information about local wildlife is absolutely accurate and she knew some uses for "weeds" that I'd never heard before.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 05:23 pm
Thanks, Noddy, for cleverly introducing two new characters: "yourself" plus the Finnish witch. A potentially awesome character!
Come on, the rest of y'all. Tell us a story about an
"imaginary" person. -rjb-
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 01:35 pm
The four of us together!
0 Replies