New Mouse

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 01:48 pm
I read in PC World for November (p 84) about a new wireless mouse by Microsoft. This one claims to avoid the choppy motion when scrolling, and also scrolls horizontally.

Has anyone seen this nifty-sounding little gadget, or, even, used one? PC World was lavish in praise "truly smooth vertical scrolling", etc.

I currently use a Logitech wireless mouse, and the liberation from the mouse tail is great. I really need a new mouse like a hole in the head, but this does sound like a nice little thing, and I wonder if I should go ahead and treat myself to it. But caveat emptor prevailed, so I thought I'd ask around what others think of it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 675 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 03:45 pm
Don't know anything about it, but we are not talking about megabucks. Treat yourself! Very Happy
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 06:02 pm
New mouse
The only thing is that I looked in my odds-and-ends of computer stuff and found a whole nest of mice; Rolling Eyes I believe there are four. One is an old basic number that came with my very first computer. Another was my first wheel mouse, and another is the kind that you can use without a mouse pad, on any surface. I forget what the fourth one is, but it's there...

I guess I've hung onto them for fear that my current mouse might up and die and I'd be stuck. Talk about hoarding! But what do you do with an old mouse that's in perfect working condition, but doesn't have all the bells and whistles of its successors?

So I think I will treat myself to it. Very Happy
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 06:06 pm
Tomkitten, let me be the first to congratulate you on your decision.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Fri 17 Oct, 2003 09:50 pm
I like to avoid wireless, myself. After I broke my last computer table, I bought a bigger one, and I have a bit more room now. We've also done better by not stacking the whole house on the new computer table, like we did the old one. So wires don't bother me.

I dunno about the choppiness, but one thing I've noticed is that MS used to put out crap hardware. Stinkly little break after two hours mice and what not. Then, guessing here about three years ago, they started making some better products, and as far has hardware is concerned I've been pretty happy with them. So I'm sure the wireless mouse will end up working out pretty good.

Might as well have some fun with it. . . plug both of them in. They shouldn't interfere with each other, I'd think. . . .I like fooling around and playing with the two mice. . . Silly and stupid, but amusing for a moment or two.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Sat 18 Oct, 2003 11:51 am
New mouse
The problem with mice with tails is that the tails get caught on things, and that is a nuisance. I realize that the problem is small in the general scheme of things, but it is a pain. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 05:59 am
Yeah, I know what you mean. We often say "Sometimes it's the little things" when you're talking about things that make you happy, but it goes the other way, too.
0 Replies