COULD THIS BE NEPOTISM

Foofie

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 02:03 pm
I think it is short-sighted to think that this could be nepotism. It is early on-the-job-training for a future benefactor of France, in my opinion. The proverbial glass need not always be half-empty; it can also be half-full!
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 02:14 pm
foofie wrote:
I think it is short-sighted

You proved so often your own short-sightedness, that I wonder why you persist in such silly assertions.

Obviously, you'll not pay for the errors this kid will commit in a position he is not prepared for.

We have plenty of well skilled guys that will do a better job for the benefit of the tax-payers and the nation.

Why not let him progress in life according to his own value and not because he is the son of the president?
Sglass

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 02:40 pm
@Francis,
Thank you Francis. You are right on spot.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 07:15 pm
@Francis,
Francis wrote:

foofie wrote:
I think it is short-sighted

You proved so often your own short-sightedness, that I wonder why you persist in such silly assertions.

Obviously, you'll not pay for the errors this kid will commit in a position he is not prepared for.

We have plenty of well skilled guys that will do a better job for the benefit of the tax-payers and the nation.

Why not let him progress in life according to his own value and not because he is the son of the president?

Having read A Tale of Two Cities, I am sort of sensitive when France reacts to anything that might smack of aristocratic behavior. Perhaps, the French should treat their top politician more like an aristocrat, since governing France, and its very sophisticated population, is no easy task. Give the man some slack, since the world is watching the French. What might be thought of as incongruous is the French sophistication about many carnal delights, in and out of marriage, but here cannot seem to see that a son could one day be an asset to the French nation? You do not think that this son would not have good mentors?
Setanta

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 07:21 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
Having read A Tale of Two Cities . . .

Oh, well, Hell, that settles it . . . the Foof knows all he needs to know to judge rightly of the issues involved . . .

Just when you think he's said the most stupid thing he could have said, he surprises you again . . .
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2009 07:25 pm
Foofy, you are being a romantic. There is no romance in politics. It's all bout' money and power.
0 Replies