Anyone else enjoying the patter of rain on their windows?

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 12:12 pm
Just curious... Its a lovely peaceful Saturday and the rain is tapping on my bedroom window. Good if melancholic times. [sigh]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,998 • Replies: 11
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 01:37 pm
I was. Then I had to go out in it. It's not as nice when you're getting soaked trying to get your laundry back to the apartment. Though I do love the smell in the air right now. Smells so fresh and clean...anyway, yeah, it's nice.
Reyn

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 01:44 pm
@tsarstepan,
Not today.

Sunny and windy here this afternoon.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 03:11 pm
It's really pretty down here in Alabama. It has the nice slant of Autumn sun...and it is in the 70's. I just sat in the backyard in my lounge chair soaking up the rays. But the rain will come again soon. I find comfort in those days as well...as long as I don't get days on end of them - I'm good.
Must. Have. Sunshine.

Look at you Kicky - being all responsible and doing the laundry - even in the rain. I am pretty sure I could find something else to wear to put it off another day. Or are you at that point where you are turning your drawers inside out? Lovely thought.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 04:44 pm
@kickycan,
You reminded me to get my laundry done tomorrow. [sigh] The pressures of life and living. C'est la vie!
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 04:46 pm
@mismi,
Just as I was eating lunch at 3:00PM, it stopped raining. And the sun came out. Still didn't dent my planned day of no plans at all. OF vegging out....
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 05:20 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

am pretty sure I could find something else to wear to put it off another day. Or are you at that point where you are turning your drawers inside out? Lovely thought.

oh mis... you know what we were saying about lost in translation Smile classic... (it's saturday) Razz

I just reckon you could find something else to wear and the Kickmeister would definitely put his washing off until another day and make plans.

Hey... did you hear something about Kick's and a new GF.... is he gonna spill the beans?????

Tsar - the best made days are the days unplanned Very Happy Love the sound of the rain on the conservatory roof... love it.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 06:43 pm
Hurricane Earl was soooo anticlimactic it's a shame. I know I should be glad that Earl didn't cause the usual amount of damage a major hurricane can cause from the Gulf of Mexico up to the New England coast but I was so anticipating a nice rain storm to relax and mellow myself into this long weekend.
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 06:58 pm
@tsarstepan,
Get a neighborhood kid to hose down your bedroom window for an hour or two. It should have the same effects.

http://www.picturesof.net/_images/Kid_Cleaning_a_Window_Screen_with_a_Hose_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_090418-141595-080042.jpg
Reyn

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 08:53 pm
@tsarstepan,
Yup, a few days ago. Nearly one of the wetest day for August here in British Columbia.

Lasted one day. Now, continuing fairly dry, although temperatures are generally way down.

Thank goodness!
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 09:00 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Get a neighborhood kid to hose down your bedroom window for an hour or two. It should have the same effects.

I guess that would simulate the rain from a hurricane. Perhaps I was being too sentimental and selfish to expect some kind of gentle rain from a potential bully/brute of a storm that's a hurricane. This from someone who never experienced a real powerful hurricane as I basically lived in the hurricane~less Northeastern US.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 09:03 pm
@Reyn,
There is something zen like with the rhythm of the rain and it's calming effect is something to ponder on and not ponder on at the same time.
0 Replies