Rainsoft Gold Series Not Softening

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 06:56 am
I have paid the local dealer WAY too much of the years...the unit stopped softening a few months ago...no salt use and rising water in the tank...any suggestions... I know the guy once showed me how to flush the system...I, of ocurse, forgot. The unit is cycling...I do know how to check for gallons used since last regeneration. I assume there might be a problem with the tank drain or something similar... Any one able to do nay "DIY" on these system. I finally found the longer manaul on line...but the answer for most all of the troubleshooting problems is "Contact your local dealer"...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,863 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Joethewaterguy

Reply Mon 18 May, 2009 05:49 am
@samfox137,
there should only be a couple of inches of water in the brine tank when it's done with a regen cycle. is there water by the elbow on top of the brine well? if so , replace the elbow. How much salt do you have in the brine tank? could be all mush at the bottom and needs scooped out. if you remove the black brine line from the elbow during step 4 of the regen, do you get any vacuum at the end of the tube? if so the valve body is working . it could be a plugged filter screen, bad elbow, clogged well assembly, or mushy salt.
0 Replies