5 Reasons Given By Ex-wife and My Replies

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 08:39 pm
1-My ex-wife stated I violated order of visitation to see my son on alternating Saturdays.

My Reply:

My ex-wife knows very well that I work weekend hours. There is no way on earth I can see the child as indicated on the visitation order. I work 32 hours on the weekends and as a result, it is impossible for me to spend quality time with my son on Saturday and/or Sunday. This is the main reason why I requested that the visitation order be modified.

2-My ex-wife stated that I requested to see my son when it was convenient for me.

My Reply:

I have been in my son’s life in every which way from the day he was born until the end of June 2009 when she decided to take him away from me without reason.

3-My ex-wife stated that I abandoned my son for over 1 year.

My Reply:

What specific year is she talking about? Again, I have been in my son’s life in every which way from the day he was born until the end of June 2009 when she decided to take him away from me without reason.

4-My ex-wife stated that after purchasing toys for my son, I would tell my son not to share his toys with his sister.

My Reply:

This is truly shocking to me. My son can testify that whenever I would purchase toys for him, I also would buy toys for his sister because that is the correct thing to do. This is the type of person I am. When I accompanied my son on his June 2009 graduation trip to the Statue of Liberty, I purchased small gifts at the gift shop for my son, his sister and my ex-wife. If she denies ever getting these gifts, then she is lying in a court of law.

5-My ex-wife stated that there was an incident at my mom’s house where the child needed to be removed.

My Reply:

The incident my ex-wife is talking about took place in the fall 2006 (more than 3 years ago). My mother and I got into a small argument about nonsense. It just so happened that my son was visiting for a sleep over on that particular day. My mother and I decided that my son should be picked up by his mother because it is not a positive thing for a child to be in the middle of ridiculousness. About a week later in the fall 2006, I continued to spend quality time with my son. If the “incident” was such a big deal, why was I allowed to continue seeing the child? Why is my ex-wife bringing up this issue now in 2009 (more than 3 years later)?

Are her reasons good enough for the judge to vacate my visitation rights?

Thanks

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,323 • Replies: 10
No top replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 08:51 pm
Unfortunately there are many women out there who use their children as a way to get back at their ex husbands or partners, she does not seem to care that your child is being denied his Dad.... but she 'does' care that it bothers you, and because you work the weekend, its 'your' fault you dont see the child, not that you may need an income to live or pay child support, yet if you did not have any employment she still, would not be happy and you would be nothing but a dead beat father..... I tell you, I dont know all the facts, but I know plenty of idiot women who do this.
sullyfish6

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 09:03 pm
Didn't you say that a mediator is hearing this case?

I don't see anything in her accusations that could prevent you from seeing your son BUT - the mediator is watching to see how you respond to these statements. You MUST diffuse the arguing.

Try to stay calm and keep talking about what you can offer this child TODAY, i.e. house, his own bed, safe visitation, mature parent to watch him.

A neutral dropping off place may be in order. In our community, many sets of parents drop off and pick up their kids at the police station (believe it or not)
nycfunction

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 09:27 pm
@KiwiChic,
I am confident that my ex-wife will not win her case.
nycfunction

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 09:28 pm
@sullyfish6,
When did I use the word mediator?
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 09:29 pm
@nycfunction,
I wish you all the best.
sullyfish6

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 06:31 am
Are you going before the judge to settle this?

I doubt if a judge wants to take up valuable court time to hear you and the ex argue back and forth.

REQUEST a mediator.

This can't be that hard to resolve.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 07:42 am
Quote:
Are her reasons good enough for the judge to vacate my visitation rights?

Based on what you state here I see no reason a judge would think you should not have time with your son. I agree that you might want to request a mediator to help sort all this out. It's a real case of "he said" "she said". I assume a judge will also speak with your son and get his side of the story - even if he is young.
nycfunction

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 04:22 pm
@KiwiChic,
I'll keep you posted.
0 Replies

nycfunction

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 04:24 pm
@Green Witch,
My son is 11. What about if he's been brain washed?

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 04:28 pm
@nycfunction,
Is the visitation issue only about your son? are you able to see your daughter regularly?
0 Replies