Do you leave it AC running or shut it down when leaving for multiple days?

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 08:09 pm
Hi!

I want to save energy while making the use of the air-conditionar cost-efficient. However, out of the following two theories/options, i am not sure which one is the better to follow. I would be highly appreciative if you would help me make the right choice.

>Given that the thermostat setting should be kept at 78 deg F, which one the following two options is better to go with:

Option A: One should shut down the AC unit every single time one goes outside (for ex. for a days work)

Option B: One should leave the AC running at 78 deg (or turn it a little higher) when going outside and shut the unit off ONLY when leaving for longer period of time such as multiple days.

Please advice.

Thanks a million,
NJ
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,968 • Replies: 3
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 08:12 pm
@4everLearner,
I go with leaving it on all day, and shutting it down for multiple days of absence.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 08:38 pm
Florida Power & Light recommends keeping your thermostat at 82 if leaving for more than 4 hours. This is for a 1,500 sq ft under air house. They say it takes less power to bring the temperature down to 78 from 82 than it does to keep it there.(78)
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 09:05 pm
Keep the FAN on at all times. The air needs to circulate in the home.

0 Replies