Has anyone heard of "SLIders" - Street Lamp Imploders?

Mame

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 01:58 pm
Can anyone here explain the following?

A SLIder is a person who seems to be able to cause street lights to go out just by walking or driving past them. This ability appears to be completely spontaneous and intermittent, the person in question having no apparent control over it. ... The phenomenon is known as Street Light Interference (SLI).

Some proponents believe static electricity or "some kind of “energy” emitted by the human body" is responsible for SLI. Others claim the alleged phenomenon is caused by individuals having psychic or psychokinetic ability.

~~~

I don't (think) I've ever caused a street lamp to go out, but I seem to have a lot of electricity in my body because:

1. I can't keep a watch battery going after more than a few hours no matter how many batteries I put in it,

2. The clock in my car is always 4 or 5 minutes slow, no matter how many times I reset it,

3. I have trouble with lightbulbs burning out really quickly,

4. I've had major trouble with every computer at work and all my devices at home. Wherever I worked, I was the only one who had to call the IT guys in at least once a week.

Seriously, it's quite annoying. And inexplicable to me.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 522 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 04:02 pm
@Mame,
I have only heard or seen on these types of characters in a Stephen King novel - one in which the government had children with these various "gifts" and used this power and held the kids captive - until it drove them to a vegative state.

So Mame, my suggestion would be to keep this ability to yourself.
Mame

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 04:21 pm
@Linkat,
Ha ha ... I consider it a disability... completely annoying.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 05:49 pm
@Mame,
I've had a few of these things. Only had one watch that lasted very long. The rest either stopped working or I broke the crystal. Light bulbs burn out very quickly, no matter the cost. Oddly, when I first started my job working maintenance, the first bulb I changed was on the south end of building 4. It lasted four years. Never found another bulb its equal.
Mame

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2021 07:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
It took me years to figure out what this was. It started sometime in my 30s.

When we renovated, I put two new bulbs in the hood fan. Within a few days, one socket stopped working. I'd replace and switch the bulbs, but the right one stubbornly refused to turn on. Then, about 4 years later, it switched on and has worked ever since.

I also apparently have a hose problem. Every one of them gets a split in them, no matter how much $$ I spend on the damn things. So, my husband is now in charge of hoses. And... we haven't had a split.
0 Replies