College Football 2009 discussion

DrewDad

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 08:11 am
@Rockhead,
In the interview after the game, he stated that he had no sensation in his arm. Like when you sleep on your arm, before the tingling starts.
panzade

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 09:53 am
@DrewDad,
It wasn't apparent that it was a game ending injury. The fact that his father went into the locker room to protect the kid's million dollar future in the NFL might indicate the Colt traded the BCS championship for future lucre.
Cynical ain't I? Twisted Evil
panzade

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 09:57 am
I was pissed that I missed the gold lame Luchador doing cartwheels on the field

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8090/eptsportsncaafexperts53.jpg
DrewDad

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 11:14 am
@panzade,
The coverage cut away from the field during the incident; I don't think ESPN/ABC wants to give these kinds of folks the publicity they desire.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 11:15 am
@panzade,
By the account I read, Colt wanted to continue playing and was vetoed by the doctors.

Personally, I agree with the decision to keep him out of the game. One football game, no matter how prestigious, is not worth risking a lifetime injury.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 12:06 pm
Agonizing night for Texas QBs

Quote:
Colt McCoy lined up about 7 yards from his dad, Brad. This was inside the Texas locker room underneath the Rose Bowl bleachers, the Longhorns quarterback missing the biggest game of his career, about to attempt the most important throw of his life.

Colt had the ball and was going to pass it to his dad as a slew of doctors and trainers watched closely. How many times had these two thrown a football back and forth, from their yard in little Tuscola, Texas, to the practice fields of Jim Ned High School, where the dad was the coach and the son was the star?

“Millions,” Colt said. “Millions of times.”

Colt had just lied to the Texas doctors and said that he was capable of returning to the BCS title game against Alabama. A hit by the Tide’s Marcell Dareus, on the fifth play of the game, had sent him to this locker room. He wanted back out there. So he tried to sound convincing despite the fact his arm felt “like a noodle.”

So Colt gripped the ball, stared at his dad and thought, “It’s just a simple throw.” He threw. The ball went soft and wide. Everyone grimaced. “Give it to me again,” Colt demanded. Brad got the ball and gave it back to his son. The next throw was the same, bouncing harmlessly away. “Give it to me again,” Colt said, again. Brad did.

It was the same. It was over. Colt couldn’t throw it 7 yards to his own father. “My arm was dead,” he said. The dad hugged his son. The son broke down and cried.

“There’s no pain on my body,” Colt said later. “If I was a free safety, I’d go out there and make a tackle. I [just] have no strength to throw a football.”

Rockhead

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 12:08 pm
@DrewDad,
sounds like just a bad stinger.

hope so...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 8 Jan, 2010 04:51 pm
yeah, he's a fine young man
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 11 Jan, 2010 07:09 pm
Well.

Even the head rat is jumping ship at USC.

hmmmmmm...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-seahawks-carroll&prov=ap&type=lgns
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 12 Jan, 2010 10:02 pm
damn.

as fast as I could say, gee I wonder who is gonna take over for Pete....

BAM

Kiffin leaves Tennessee by the side of the road.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-usc-kiffin&prov=ap&type=lgns

(what I love most about these guys is their loyalty...)
panzade

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 09:04 am
@Rockhead,
wow-what a sleaze-ball
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 06:26 am
The Big House.
University of Michigan
First ever night time game.
Versus Notre Dame. Favored by three and a half.

Go Blue.
panzade

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 08:31 am
@alex240101,
3 1/2 is a pittance. The South Florida Bulls had their way with ND last week. It won't even be close.
sozobe

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 08:37 am
@alex240101,
Gasp! A Michigan fan!

- signed, your mortal enemy (aka an Ohio State University fan).
alex240101

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 02:18 pm
@sozobe,
I know you are a Buckeye.
I remember all my enemies.
B a r e l y did your team win today playing a pretty good ,.... a pretty good, hm, what was that teams name.
alex240101

Reply Sat 10 Sep, 2011 02:25 pm
@panzade,
New coach, new style of play for the Wolverines. I have confidence they will win.
But. This is do or die for Notre Dame. Next week they play a better Spartan team.
Basking in the Lions Tigers Wolverines and Spartans.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 10:48 am
@alex240101,
ummm...Toledo?
0 Replies