Oklahoma versus other bowl teams??

Reply Fri 6 Jan, 2017 08:08 pm
Just now catching up on 2016 college football on youtube, couldnĀ“t think about it with the election campaigns inprogress.....

Anybody have any thoughts on Sooners the way they are playing now versus other bowl teams??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 840 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Kolyo

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2017 12:21 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

Just now catching up on 2016 college football on youtube, couldnĀ“t think about it with the election campaigns inprogress.....

Anybody have any thoughts on Sooners the way they are playing now versus other bowl teams??

They played well toward the end of the 2016, but they deserved to miss the playoffs because of their 2 losses. (And one of those losses was at home, to another bubble team.)

This year I have:
(1) Clemson
(2) Oklahoma
(3) Georgia
<big gap>
(4) Alabama

If not Alabama at #4 then who?
I guess the other candidates are:
Wisconsin (1-loss)
Ohio St. (Big Ten champ; beat Wisconsin, Penn St, Michigan)
USC (Pac-12 champ)
UCF (Undefeated champ in a non-Power 5 conference)
Real Music

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2017 01:38 am
@Kolyo,
Quote:
This year I have:
(1) Clemson
(2) Oklahoma
(3) Georgia
<big gap>
(4) Alabama

I definitely agree with you that these 4 teams should be in the 2017 college football playoff.
I also agree with your order from 1 through 4.
Especially after Auburn got their 3rd loss today.
Also, the one loss Wisconsin received today eliminates them because of their weaker schedule.
The one thing I disagree with you on, is their being a big gap between Georgia and Alabama.
I believe all 4 teams are close to being equal.
I believe anyone of these four teams is good enough to win the national championship.
gungasnake

Reply Sun 3 Dec, 2017 08:20 am
I have to like the Sooners at this point. Their defense has started playing to their potential and there is nothing else like their offense in college ball. The ease with which Mayfield and his recievers are scoring touchdowns seems to be working on opponents minds.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Reply Mon 1 Jan, 2018 04:44 pm
@Real Music,
Real Music wrote:

The one thing I disagree with you on, is their being a big gap between Georgia and Alabama.

Yeah, I'd say they're about equal in strength.

What I meant was that Georgia was more qualified than Alabama to be in the College Football Play-Off, as the SEC champ. I thought the committee was ultimately right to let Alabama in, but someone could have made a case against it. There was no case for leaving out Georgia.
0 Replies