College Football 2009 discussion

ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 01:36 pm
@ossobuco,
Meantime, Go Bruins..
DrewDad

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 01:43 pm
@ossobuco,
We'll pray for you to recover from your dementia, Osso.

We'll pray hard....
ossobuco

Reply Tue 29 Sep, 2009 01:45 pm
@DrewDad,
Wonder about the efficacy of that...
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 05:24 am
Come on Sooners!
panzade

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 06:24 am
@talk72000,
Miami's Jacory Harris has his work cut out for him, that's for sure. Is Bradford playing?
talk72000

Reply Wed 30 Sep, 2009 11:52 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
Stoops gives no update on Bradford

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) Sam Bradford's status for Oklahoma's game against Miami is still a mystery.

Sooners coach Bob Stoops skipped his usual post-practice interview session Wednesday, instead sending team spokesman Kenny Mossman to tell reporters there was no update on the quarterback's status.

The Heisman Trophy winner has missed No. 8 Oklahoma's last two games after spraining an AC joint in his right shoulder in the season-opening loss to BYU.

Stoops has said Oklahoma would spend the week watching Bradford's recovery and determine whether he can play Saturday against the 17th-ranked Hurricanes, perhaps as late as game day.

He has said Bradford has not had any setbacks in his recovery, but refused to give any details on what he has been able to do in practice.
Rockhead

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 12:17 am
@talk72000,
my money is on he plays.

no point in giving Miami a heads up for prep...
talk72000

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 02:26 am
@Rockhead,
Stoops has a passing strategy a radical departure from the Sooners' traditional running game. His QB hurt his right shoulder and if he is right handed it really makes it tough. Hope he recovers fast enough. Big 8 fan - Big 12. Those Texas teams are so damn tough now especially the Longhorns and Aggies.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 09:33 am
@talk72000,
talk72000 wrote:

Stoops has a passing strategy a radical departure from the Sooners' traditional running game. His QB hurt his right shoulder and if he is right handed it really makes it tough. Hope he recovers fast enough. Big 8 fan - Big 12. Those Texas teams are so damn tough now especially the Longhorns and Aggies.

Their backup quarterback is young, but good. He was a top recruit after all. I don't think they will play Bradford, what if he gets hurt again? Could end his career and you KNOW Miami is going to be gunning for him hard.

Cycloptichorn

PS, the Aggies suck, the other good teams in Texas are TTech and TCU. And this year, Houston!

Cycloptichorn
DrewDad

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 09:58 am
The 'Horns have an off week, then onto Colorado (in Austin) on October 10th.

What's up with TCU? Can they really play with the big boys this year?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 10:03 am
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

The 'Horns have an off week, then onto Colorado (in Austin) on October 10th.

No problem, the Shorthorns can't hand with the real deal. OU game is going to be in the new Dallas stadium this year, it's gonna be phuckin huge.

Quote:
What's up with TCU? Can they really play with the big boys this year?

They're always good! They have a powerful running game. I wouldn't say that they could hang with the top tier, but their tops of the second-tier schools, for sure.

Cycloptichorn
DrewDad

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 10:06 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
OU game is going to be in the new Dallas stadium this year, it's gonna be phuckin huge.

Yup. The Cotton Bowl was just too small. Nice to visit the State Fair before and after the game, though.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Thu 1 Oct, 2009 10:40 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I am a bit behind the times regarding the Aggies.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 4 Oct, 2009 10:04 pm
Watching Miami Saturday night I was transported back to the glory days. Sooners can't win in S Florida. Chuckle
sozobe

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 05:30 am
@panzade,
Buckeyes win handily again! The USC game was ugly but other than that they've been dispatching their opponents with apparent ease. (I didn't get to watch though, it wasn't on any of the normal channels, grr.) Beat Indiana this time. Next up: Badgers.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 06:51 am
@panzade,
Jimmy Johnson really left a good system there before he left for Dallas. Stoops when he first appeared on the scene he surprised everyone. He needs to add a few wrinkles in his offense and defense plans every year for the opposition studies your gameplan and usually finds a way to nullify it during the course of the year. Those teams that do well against it have films of their games taken by other coaches who try to emulate or improve on the strategy taken. That is the nature of the beast.
panzade

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 09:44 am
@talk72000,
yup
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 5 Oct, 2009 09:49 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Watching Miami Saturday night I was transported back to the glory days. Sooners can't win in S Florida. Chuckle

Yeah, that's killing me, OU just can't seem to get it done vs. those FL teams.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 02:19 pm
Love the solid red Horseshoe today (UW [red + white] vs. OSU [scarlet + gray]).
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 10 Oct, 2009 11:55 pm
Well, I know this doesn't mean a heckofalot this year, but them Huskies just hoodwangled those Wildcats from Arizona, after being nearly doubled in offensive yardage.

Go figure.

0 Replies