Trying to find a movie that I saw a LONG time ago....

MJK

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 01:37 pm
Scenes from this film (or perhaps a TV program) have stayed with me over the years and I'd like to find out what it is. It's a black and white. A young girl witnesses her mother's murder. She doesn't actually see the murderer but sees the shadow of a hat (back when women wore hats) on the wall. Her mother's best friend steps in to help care for the girl (and I'm pretty sure to comfort the husband). The girl ends up in the hospital and all is well until the best friend comes to visit with THE HAT on and the little girl recognizes it (from the shadow on the wall).

Can anyone help me track this down??
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,136 • Replies: 4
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 01:45 pm
The Shadow of the Hat?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 02:00 pm
@MJK,
This sounds like a 1950 movie titled "Shadow on the Wall" with Ann Sothern, Zachary Scott, and Nancy Davis.
Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 02:17 pm
@wandeljw,
I am not sure about the movie, but you may know Nancy Davis by her married name, Nancy Reagan.
wandeljw

Reply Mon 28 Sep, 2009 02:25 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Nancy Davis (Reagan) plays a psychiatrist who treats the young girl. The girl originally feared that her father committed the murder but recalls seeing the shadow of a feathered hat on the wall. Nancy Reagan's character is the one who elicits the memory from the young girl. Critics have said that this was Nancy Reagan's best film.
0 Replies