Why Did Roman Polanski Run Away?

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 03:06 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
In most, if not all jurisdictions, "Plea bargains" are NOT binding until a Judge rules on them. This is a risk that both rich and poor alike have to consider before entering into one. In most, if not all jurisdictions, the defendant is FULLY informed of this fact, and what the true potential for consequences is, BEFORE a Judge will accept a plea. Rich or Poor, their is no guarantee, so that entire line of rationalization is bunk.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 03:09 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

OCCOM BILL wrote:

The first and third paragraphs mean simply that flee and allude laws are crimes against the system itself, . . .

Rape, murder, and robbery are also crimes against the system. The idea of a victim deciding not to "press charges" is a myth. Actually, if they decline to testify, they are in contempt of court, is someone wants to make an issue of it.
That's true here in Wisconsin, but I don't know that for sure about every jurisdiction.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 03:28 pm

There is a relationship of ADVERSITY between citizens (who created government)
and government itself. Generally speaking, when a government seeks to avenge itself
upon a citizen for violation of that government's laws then, as a citizen,
I 'm kinda glad to see the citizen screw government.

I know that government woud try to screw me for being ten minutes late in feeding the meter
or for some mistake on my taxes.

Its a good idea for all citizens to take an anti-government point of vu.

These remarks apply generally,
and are not aimed specificly at this case.
McTag

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 03:44 pm

The man gave a thirteen-year old girl alcohol, then drugged her, then raped her, then sodomised her.

He has been convicted. I think he should be brought back for sentencing.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 03:52 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

OCCOM BILL wrote:

The first and third paragraphs mean simply that flee and allude laws are crimes against the system itself, . . .

Rape, murder, and robbery are also crimes against the system.

The idea of a victim deciding not to "press charges" is a myth. Actually,

if they decline to testify, they are in contempt of court,
is someone wants to make an issue of it.
Unless the victim is dead above the neck,
he or she KNOWS that his or her own position is at the heart of the matter.
Probably, in my own case (if it had actually come up)
as a matter of principle, I ' d have refused to testify,
but another alternative that I coud have used woud have been
to testify in a way that is of advantage to the defendant,
to protect her with my MEMORY -- how I remember things.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 05:38 pm
@OCCOM BILL,
Quote:
In most, if not all jurisdictions, "Plea bargains" are NOT binding until a Judge rules on them.

thus supporting my line of argument that judgment was never rendered.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 05:43 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
and government itself. Generally speaking, when a government seeks to avenge itself
I 'm kinda glad to see the citizen screw government

An individual who has already been victimized (hurt) is under no moral obligation to surrender to further victimization by helping the collective press its claim against the abuser. Testifying is up the the victim, and while a request can be made for support of the collective any effort to manipulate or force the victim to carry water for the collective is abominable.

In this case the victim has been trashed because she has no interest in the collective's desire to press forwards, other than bitching about the continuing costs to her, which is with-in her rights.
roger

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 06:11 pm
@hawkeye10,
Plea bargains may not be. Guilty pleas are.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 07:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
Do I care that a 40s something man who rape a 13 year old girl was not treated fairly by a judge?

Hell no.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Do I care that a 40s something man who rape a 13 year old girl was not treated fairly by a judge?

Hell no.
If the corrupt judge did that to him,
what makes u think that he 'd treat u or your favorite people any better?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 10:49 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
I 'm kinda glad to see the citizen screw government

Quote:
An individual who has already been victimized (hurt) is under no moral obligation
to surrender to further victimization by helping the collective
press its claim against the abuser.

AGREED; no moral obligation

Quote:

Testifying is up the the victim, and while a request can be made
for support of the collective any effort to manipulate or force
the victim to carry water for the collective is abominable.
Yes

Quote:

In this case the victim has been trashed because she has no interest
in the collective's desire to press forwards, other than bitching
about the continuing costs to her, which is with-in her rights.
True
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 11:37 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First I am not planning on raping a 13 year old girl or boy for that matter!!!!!

Oh I did love hearing one of his supporters calling the victim a young woman in one public statement.

A 13 year old child a young woman indeed.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 11:40 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First I am not planning on raping a 13 year old girl or boy for that matter!!!!!
Is there a reason
that u believe that he limits his treachery to rapists ?
BillRM

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2009 11:45 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Is there a reason
that u believe that he limits his treachery to rapists ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Treachery as in considering rejecting a very light plea deal for a man in his middle years raping a child?

We need far more evil judges on the bench.

Oh would you be happier if we gave Polanski the sentencing he plea deal down to and them add ten years or so for the crime of running away?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 01:06 am

Evil judges are a danger to everyone.
It coud happen to u, unexpectedly.

Fully innocent people plead guilty
upon the advice of counsel, as a risk management device,
being promised an easy sentence.
BillRM

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 05:58 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Fully innocent people plead guilty
upon the advice of counsel, as a risk management device,
being promised an easy sentence.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry from reading the case there is zero reason to think that he did not in fact rape a 13 year old. Repeat the asshole rape a 13 year old and did in fact used drugs and drinks to help the act along.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 09:04 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Repeat the asshole rape a 13 year old and did in fact used drugs and drinks to help the act along

why do you make a big deal of the drug and drink? We are talking about an artist, who was in many ways a product of the 60's, drugs before sex was so common that it was almost the norm. And drinking? Are you serious? Watch some Mad Men and notice how routine drinking large amounts though out the day was during the sixties. By the seventies teen drinking was common, I was in middle school during the mid seventies and it was common for the boys to get the girls drunk so that they would put out. A 13 year old being given drink so that she was loose and ready is not odd, for that time period of history..
BillRM

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 09:32 am
@hawkeye10,
A 13 year old being given drink so that she was loose and ready is not odd, for that time period of history..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry that is complete bullshit and I grow up in the 60s.

Second if any middle age man in my home town had been caught giving a 13 year old girl drugs to rape her he would had been very lucky indeed to see the inside of a courthouse.

Third teen years old girls for the most part was not allow to date other 13 years olds boys let along adult men in my home town as they was rightly view as children that need and was entitle to adult protection.

Of course, if memory serves me correctly you are a swinger with not a clue at how society view children now or then.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 10:34 am
@BillRM,
it depends somewhat on where you were, and your class, as always. I grew up middle class in the Midwest, during the seventies teens and preteens were given a lot of freedom from the parents, sex drugs and rock and roll was the culture, starting in middle school. We had a place in back of our high school called "the hill" were kids would ditch class and smoke dope, or make out with their current squeeze, it was off of school property so for a long time school admin said that it was none of their business. This did not change until my last year, 1979. The students felt that the closing of the hill was monstrously unfair and uncool. Today we wonder what we were thinking back then, just as we do for the clothes we wore back then, but the norm for the time and place was what it was. You can't apply current standards to the time, it is too far removed.

Polanski was an artist, in Hollywood as I recall, I think that we have a fair idea what was normal in his world.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2009 11:12 am
@hawkeye10,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/33/Virgin_Killer.jpg
Edit [Moderator]: Image converted to a link

it was contorverisal at the time, but it did make it into production. Can anyone imagine such a thing anymore?? It did happen, those were the times.
0 Replies