What constitutes being a philosopher?

One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 12:13 am
@Ding an Sich,
It's simple.

The Universe is functioning on an algorithm.

This algorithm shapes everything and flows through everything.

Our entire conscious experience is based on this algorithm.

This algorithm behaves in a spiral-like fashion.

The Riemann's Hypothesis is explaining how imaginary units are able to create an infinite cycle as per genuine whole numbers.

Applying the math back to how the Universe is founded on an algorithm, all you have to do is apply "imaginary units" to what property of the Universe they correlate with, then cross-analysis the two, such as fear "imaginary aspect" and the mathematical properties of fear. The entire Universe is based on an algorithm that purports both what is reality and what is imaginary, much like a video game does when it comes to hit-detection.
fresco

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 12:53 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Laughing
Don't give up the day job !
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 01:13 am
@One Eyed Mind,
The mathematical properties of fear?
Ding an Sich

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 04:44 am
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

It's simple.

The Universe is functioning on an algorithm.

This algorithm shapes everything and flows through everything.

Our entire conscious experience is based on this algorithm.

This algorithm behaves in a spiral-like fashion.

The Riemann's Hypothesis is explaining how imaginary units are able to create an infinite cycle as per genuine whole numbers.

Applying the math back to how the Universe is founded on an algorithm, all you have to do is apply "imaginary units" to what property of the Universe they correlate with, then cross-analysis the two, such as fear "imaginary aspect" and the mathematical properties of fear. The entire Universe is based on an algorithm that purports both what is reality and what is imaginary, much like a video game does when it comes to hit-detection.

This is why I rarely frequent these forums.

Is there any proof that the universe is functioning under an algorithm? What is this algorithm? What sort of qualities does it have?

Praise the almighty nameless algorithm! Please...
One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 05:31 am
@Cyracuz,
Would it not be logical to presume so, if everything else is based on a mathematical algorithm (i.e Fibonacci Sequence)? Wouldn't the imaginary realm (imagination, fear and illusion) of the Universe be encompassed by it just as much? It could not make sense for it to be otherwise, for the Universe is a contrasted system based on a self-similarity design, so it's not inconsistent in its design; it's extremely consistent save for its naivety, as demonstrated by bacteria.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 05:33 am
@Ding an Sich,
Are you aware of the following: Fibonacci Sequence, The Golden Ratio or Riemann's Hypothesis?
Ding an Sich

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 06:04 am
@One Eyed Mind,
One Eyed Mind wrote:

Are you aware of the following: Fibonacci Sequence, The Golden Ratio or Riemann's Hypothesis?

Of course.
Setanta

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 07:05 am
The Fibonacci sequence is not an algorithm. Just throwing words together is not evidence of intelligence, much less wisdom.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 08:37 am
@One Eyed Mind,
No, it would not be logical to assume.

You are saying that everything is based on a mathematical algorithm, which simply isn't true. Granted, we can use algorithms to describe a lot of what we see, but to assume that the unseen and unknown follow the rules we have uncovered by studying the seen and known is taking it too far.
PhilipOSopher

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 10:22 am
@Cyracuz,
On a similar thread, would we then not be able to call a live artist who only performed cover songs a 'non-musician'?
Cyracuz

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 05:53 pm
@PhilipOSopher,
No. We just wouldn't call him a songwriter.
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 06:00 pm
@Ding an Sich,
Are you aware that everything in the Universe is existing in a different form on a smaller scale via the human experience (i.e Females are black holes; externally gives life ~ internally takes in life. Males are stars; externally takes in life ~ internally gives life).

One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 06:01 pm
@Cyracuz,
Ask yourself but one question, "Why is the Universe able to be understood as much as it is now in the first place?" There's only one answer - we are the Universe and when we stare into the eyes of creatures; our reflections or into the darkness, we see the Universe staring back at us, because we are the Universe's reflections.
Cyracuz

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 06:41 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Very poetic.
But I place my money on the universe being understood as much as it is now on account of our capacity to understand as it is now. It is an internal human thing that tells us more about us than the universe.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2014 06:56 pm
@Cyracuz,
Thank you, friend.

Then explain why we are able to comprehend the tools and forces of the Universe, when we cannot understand our own existence. Why does our knowledge bring us closer to the Universe? Why does our brain electromagnetically pick up information outside of this planet? The only possible way for the brain to define and observe objects/concepts outside of this planet of ours is because everything here came from space - Earth is in space - being on Earth does not make us "not in space", for everything here behaves like space.
fresco

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 01:37 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
Why does our knowledge bring us closer to the Universe?

Total nonsense! Any scientist will tell you that the more we "know" the more questions that "knowledge" raises. What do you understand by "dark matter" for example, or the "non-locality" findings ? ( Wait a minute...let me have a go at your game....dark matter is the placenta of a black hole ?...non-locality is a particle looking at its own reflection ?... Mr. Green )

Knowledge and understanding are about human success in controlling and predicting limited aspects of their existence. i.e. Epistemology is contextually functional NOT independently axiomatic. It is NOT about "seeking ultimate truth". That futile endeavor is the province of religion or lunacy.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 01:49 am
@fresco,
Are you sure about that? There are inventions that exist to this day since the day they were built because we do know how things work in the Universe. There's simply different layers to the Universe: The physical/metaphysical ~ The reality/The imaginary. Everything in the Universe "exists" for a "reason" which is purported by the Universe.

There is an "ultimate truth", as everything already "is". It's not religion. It's not lunacy. It's facing what already "was" before we existed - the very thing which governs our human experience. You would have to be a fool to say this is all accident, when there's a "design" to it all - and it's not even complete... it's still going.
fresco

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 02:28 am
@One Eyed Mind,
You are going round in simplistic circles. "Surety" and "truth" are about confidence in what works...nothing more. "Is-ness/was-ness" are human linguistic devices expressing that confidence. The verb "to be" is sufficiently problematic in philosophy for a movement to proscribe its usage (see "e-prime"). You have to be a fool ( sic) not to understand that "design" is a human construct expressing our confidence in prediction and control such that we attempt to over-generalize and externalize it as an aspect of "an independent reality". That externalization makes a mockery of your pseudo-holism. Your attempt at transcendence is doomed by your lack of awareness of your linguistic conditioning.

This is my last comment to you on your religious idiosyncratic catch-all compendium of half-understood scientific concepts. You need to go away and read some philosophy if you want a meaningful conversation on A2K.

One Eyed Mind

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 02:56 am
@fresco,
What? There's no confidence in what already was, so I'm not sure what you're going on a wild tangent. The Universe existed before our minds - our opinions and distinctions, that is - it existed and functioned prior to our "confidence in ideological establishment".

I am not linguistically conditioned - you are. I am not the one limiting myself to my 5 senses, when "something" before my 5 senses existed to govern my 5 senses - I adhere to that, and only that.

It is not religion. It's omni-reverence.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2014 03:57 am
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
Then explain why we are able to comprehend the tools and forces of the Universe, when we cannot understand our own existence.

The simple answer is that we are not able to comprehend the "tools and forces of the universe". We comprehend our own observations and recollections of what is experienced and passed on through the generations.

It could also be argued that our knowledge separates us further from the universe, instead of bringing us closer. We are social creatures with an almost obsessive focus on individuality, which makes us feel alone sometimes. We love to assert what separates us from other animals, often to the point that we just leave out the word "other".