Child support

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 11:45 am
Montana, support orders are always open for review in the courts. People's financial circumstances change ...

Under the Interjurisdictional Support Orders Act you should be able to apply for a change in support right there in New Brunswick. You can contact the Family Supports Orders Service for information.

Interjurisdictional Support Orders Act

Family Supports Orders Service
0 Replies
Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 12:41 pm
So far as I know, all recent support orders are using the various child support agencies operated by the states, and it seems as though the state in which the judgement was given. I can't swear to it, but I believe this is now a requirement on new judgements and wouldn't be difficult to have added to an existing order. I've done garnishments for child support, and the quality of the agencies varies widely from state to state.

The orders to withhold earnings, by the way, state that the employer is liable for any failure to collect. I don't know what happens if the employer refuses or errs as I've never gotten my company into that situation.
0 Replies
Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 04:00 pm
Thank you SealPoet and Bless you. I wish my ex was so responsible.

I've already decided to have it set up so the DOR will garnish my support from his checks and direct deposit it right into my account. The DOR is relentless when collecting child support and they are the only ones who have the power to tap into his bank account and seize his property and that's what I need watching over me ;-)

Thanks so much for the information :-)

I think it would be difficult for me to change an existing order from here, so I will be heading south as soon as I can get a court date. I also want to make sure the order is set up to where I'm protected from my ex ever being able to contol one more minute of my life.

Now, lets see how easy it's going to be for me to get a court date.

I want to thank all of you for your support. I truly appreciate all the help you've given me..

My ex has been using my child support to contol me for long enough and it's time for this girl to cut the cord. While I'm in court I want to also lay contempt charges against his work place for refusing to comly with a court order and I'm sure there are other charges that can be brought on them for giving out my account information.
0 Replies
Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 04:22 pm
husker wrote:
First I'm sorry Montana! Bad situation to be in.

I think you have a hung up-hill battle before you, the court or judge may not think so kindly in this matter. I think you need to ask yourself - what's the worst case? You left the country with your son, when you start this action will it cause your X to ask for your son because you left the country? Requiring you to move back or give him up? And requiring you to pay his legal fees? What do you have to gain and at what risk?

I was nervous about this as well, but I've spent every waking moment the last 2 days doing research on this and I was very pleased with the information I gathered. I found out that the only way my ex could have ever filed a motion against me for leaving the county is if he had a stipulation put into the custody order before the custody order took effect stating I couldn't leave the country with our son without his permission. Also, there are no times or days stipulated on the custody order for visitation which is also to my advantage and the only way a custody order can be changed is if either parent can prove neglect or abuse of the other parent, of course if one of the parent died, otherwise the custody order might as well be written in stone. I can prove neglect and abuse on my ex, but I already have custody, so my ex no longer has the ability to abuse me. Well, atleast he won't when I finally get down there and take care of business.

The worst part of this all is that he always pulls this stuff around the holidays. I haven't seen any of my support in three weeks now and it's got me in an awful spot.
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » Child support
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 2.76 seconds on 06/13/2021 at 12:39:37