I Must Interview A Computer Engineer

Reply Mon 14 Sep, 2009 10:36 am
I have 15 questions i must ask a computer engineer only.
Don't list any personal information if you don't feel comfortable (totally understandable)

1. What is your belief on what computer engineering is?
2. What are the specializations or divisions of computer engineering?
3. What kind of an environment do you work in? An office?
4. How many hours in a week do you typically work?
5. What did you major in?
6. Where did you attend college/university?
7. How many years did it take you to earn your degree?
8. What is your favorite part of job?
9. Who is your employer?
10. If you don’t mind what are you paid on payday?
11. How frequent is payday?
12. Do you design any thing?
13. What are your primary responsibilities?
14. Did you take any related courses in high school?
15. Do you enjoy coming to work each day?

If you are comfortable, E-mail me at [email protected].

Linkat

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2009 10:18 am
@ryanbean21,
I am assuming this is a school project? I am not a computer engineer, but I have had assignments like this in school before. Why not contact a nearby company and see if you could personally interview a computer engineer? I actually did an interview with the head of a company's computer group once from one of my summer jobs. Usually these guys are very flattered when you ask. He showed me around about the computer crap and was very helpful.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2009 12:36 pm
@ryanbean21,
I'll answer, though I may not be exactly what you're looking for.

ryanbean21 wrote:

I have 15 questions i must ask a computer engineer only.
Don't list any personal information if you don't feel comfortable (totally understandable)

1. What is your belief on what computer engineering is? I don't really understand your question. Computer engineering is, well, working with computers as your main focus, I'd say.
2. What are the specializations or divisions of computer engineering? I suspect you can answer that better than I can. But I will say that, at least in the places I've worked, it tends to be either software development or the adjunct work that supports it, e. g. QA or the work that the software is developed to do, e. g. database querying. I've never worked in a company that developed hardware.
3. What kind of an environment do you work in? An office? It's an office, a cube farm.
4. How many hours in a week do you typically work? The company schedule is 37.5; I usually work somewhere between that and 40.
5. What did you major in? Philosophy of Law
6. Where did you attend college/university? Boston University
7. How many years did it take you to earn your degree? 4; I also have a graduate degree which you did not ask about.
8. What is your favorite part of job? Finding answers to problems.
9. Who is your employer? I won't answer that, but it's a large publisher, not based in the US.
10. If you don’t mind what are you paid on payday? I do mind, and I bet most people will, too. I get paid a salary, e. g. I am not an hourly wage earner.
11. How frequent is payday? Every 2 weeks.
12. Do you design any thing? Not really.
13. What are your primary responsibilities? I have a very mixed job. I do ETL, database querying and reporting, user security and I am the liaison between IT and the QA department, so I keep that all organized. My responsibilities revolve around these many hats I wear.
14. Did you take any related courses in high school? None; I graduated High School in 1979, long before pretty much any of this existed.
15. Do you enjoy coming to work each day? No comment.
ryanbean21

Reply Wed 16 Sep, 2009 09:30 am
@jespah,
oh, thanks for taking the time to answer.

I really need someone who is actually a computer engineer to be honest. :-\

-Ryan
0 Replies

Ecpinkney

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 01:27 pm
@jespah,
Hey im doing the same computer engineering project. All of those questions the other guy asked, but the only thing i need for you to do for me is to say your real name is. You can send it to my email: [email protected]
Butrflynet

Reply Sun 11 Mar, 2012 03:29 pm
@Ecpinkney,
Her name is Jespah.
0 Replies

theohronowsky

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 08:31 am
@jespah,
Hey i am doing a similar project and was wondering if you could send me your name and buisness if you dont mind. my email is: [email protected]
Thank you so much this would mean alot to me!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 08:37 am
Sorry, but no. I value my privacy, and my employers' - even my former employers'.
theohronowsky

Reply Fri 12 Oct, 2012 07:21 pm
@jespah,
ok thanks
0 Replies