Fastest/best way to shave face?

Chumly

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 03:11 pm
I have a few of the higher end triple-head Philips electric shavers and they work well but not quickly. I normally watch TV while I shave so at least I'm not totally mind-numbed during the lengthly shaving process.

I have a tough beard that resists shaving and before I went electric (some years ago) I used the blue Gillette double blade razors...but the only way I could ensure a nice smooth, close shave with these razors was to have a long hot bath during the process. Needless to say, I got I nice close shave but this took quite some time as well, and kinda pruned-out my skin from the long hot soak.

So I wanna fast, close, simple, clean, efficient, painless, cut free, rash free irritant free shave.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 7,261 • Replies: 18
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 03:14 pm
wood chipper?
Chumly

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 03:15 pm
@djjd62,
Mrs. Chumly looks after my wood!
ebrown p

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 03:47 pm
@Chumly,
But... is it chipper?
chai2

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 03:49 pm
@ebrown p,
I'm sure she takes her teeth out first.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 04:20 pm
@ebrown p,
I wouldn't necessarily say she's chipper, but if there's a new pair of Manolo Blahniks on the horizon, I may reach the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 05:11 pm
@Chumly,
Chumly wrote:

I have a few of the higher end triple-head Philips electric shavers and they work well but not quickly.

[...]

So I wanna fast, close, simple, clean, efficient, painless, cut free, rash free irritant free shave.

Well, I think it's going to be hard to find someone who will be able to give you advice that will work for you, as shaving is such an individual thing. You're ideal wish list is long. Laughing

For myself, I have a fancy Braun shaver (about $120) and it works well for me, but I don't have the same conditions to meet as you do.

One possibility is that you may find that a Braun-type razor MAY work better, as it has those bar-shaped electric heads, as opposed to the Philips ones which I think are all round.

With the bar ones, you have more shaving area (so quicker), but please don't take this as a recommendation and go out and buy a fancy one. I would hate if it didn't work for you. Just giving you something to think about.

For after shaving care, I use the green aloe gel (try London Drugs) and I find it soothes one's face quite well. I have sensitive skin.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 05:29 pm
@Chumly,
Quote:

I can't help you Chum. I gave up shaving a long time ago when I realised what a stupid activity it is. Blasphemy some say in that it is an egotistical attempt to improve on the Creator's subtle design.
McGentrix

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 05:46 pm
My hatred of shaving led to a beard.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 05:50 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Blasphemy some say in that it is an egotistical attempt to improve on the Creator's subtle design.

Yeah, but I wouldn't fancy looking like this:

http://gs061.k12.sd.us/big%20beard.JPG
Chumly

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 05:53 pm
Holy harry hell!
Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 06:06 pm
@Chumly,
Was the Braun / bar shaving head idea of any use? At least for speed?
spendius

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 06:08 pm
@Reyn,
Some ladies love that style.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 06:22 pm
@Reyn,
It could be.

I'd have to buy one to find out, but that would then give me three Philip's triple headers, one Braun foil, and a cupboard full of various cans of shaving foams, razors, after shave glop...gets kinda crazy!
Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 06:32 pm
@Chumly,
Here's what they look like (in case you've never seen):

http://www.nelsonappliance.com/images/catalog/BR5643769.jpg

They can be pricey, but I've used them for years and swear by them. London Drugs is a good place to check out their line-up, and at least see if it's something you're interested.

If I remember correctly, you can bring it back after "X" period of time if you don't like it after trying it out.

Chumly

Reply Sat 5 Sep, 2009 07:11 pm
@Reyn,
That's a thought in order to try it out.
0 Replies

andycrump

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 05:49 am
@Chumly,
When you say long hot soak, how long are you talking about?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 03:32 pm
@Chumly,
Chumly wrote:

It could be.

I'd have to buy one to find out, but that would then give me three Philip's triple headers, one Braun foil, and a cupboard full of various cans of shaving foams, razors, after shave glop...gets kinda crazy!

Oy! And you say your WIFE has a problem!

lol
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 05:34 pm
The best way to shave face is to not make waves in the first place.
0 Replies