The Movie Association Game

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 08:15 pm
This rests entirely in the realm of movie opinion. We start with a statement such as "Badlands is to Natural Born Killers as...." then add a "as such and such is to....". Then, start another. Just a bit of movie fun.... Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 832 • Replies: 7
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 08:16 pm
So let's start with "Badlands is to Natural Born Killers as..."
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 07:13 am
I should have clarified: This is an opinion game as to how an older movie influenced a newer movie, with an "a is to b" structure. We can have some fun discussing the "whys" as well.
0 Replies

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 06:57 pm
Sorry cav, to me Badlands is to Natural Born Killers as Nanook of the North is to Crime and Punishment.

I have seen none of the four.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 15 Oct, 2003 11:30 am
Hmm...I am going to try again.....

'American Graffitti' is to 'Grease' as...
0 Replies

Laeknir Scrat

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 04:43 pm
Not an easy game...

as "Nights of Cabiria" is to "Sweet Charity"

(I know Sweet Charity is a ripoff, while Grease is not... yet we are talking about lesser, but massively successful, musicals inspired by successful, not wildly successful, non-musicals)
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 05:08 pm
Hmm...perhaps the opinion aspect should be included....

Starting from the beginning (I'm going with the IMDB descriptions for ease):

Badlands:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069762/

Natural Born Killers:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110632/

The stories are thematically and artistically linked, I think. 'Bonnie and Clyde' with Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway is closer in touch with the media glorification of the killer/couple story in Natural Born Killers, but it doesn't share the same mood, or feeling, IMO. I think Badlands and Bonnie and Clyde had to be a major influence on Natural Born Killers, but I maintain that Badlands was the better movie....the framing was amazing, and the story a tad more subtle. Hmm....we'll figure this game out eventually Laughing .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 16 Oct, 2003 05:13 pm
Now..........if we could mix film and TV, I could come up with......

"I Married a Witch" is to "Bewitched", as...........
0 Replies