Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 06:28 pm
Is there anything I can do if my father had a Will in Texas, but when he passed away he was a resident of Kansas and the Executor (our brother) knew about the Will and knowingly did not file it within the 6 months of my father's death. We were all on excellent terms until me and another brother found out that the Executor (our brother) spent all of our dad's money and did not do his job as our father's legal Executor. He did not do anything our father had requested. Is there anything I can do under Kansas Probate Code Chapter 59 article 6? Should I get an attorney and go after him?

Thank you,
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,126 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Reply Tue 25 Aug, 2009 03:36 am
Get an attorney and find out your rights. What you're asking -- whether you have a case -- is legal advice unto itself, and will not be provided here (it's against our Terms of Service). However, I can and will tell you that initial consultations are often cheap or free. Go to a wills and estates lawyer in your area (preferably one either already also admitted in Kansas or at least willing to do research in the matter) and tell them what you've written to us here.
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 07/04/2022 at 06:23:39