cleft chin paternity

nyiva

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 09:33 am
my brother and i both have cleft chins but both our parents dont have cleft chins.how is it possible?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 5,061 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 10:04 am
@nyiva,
Genetics does strange things sometimes
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 10:44 am
I have a dimple in my chin. None of my 4 siblings have it, neither do my parents. But I do have a few cousins and other distant relatives with it.
My grandfather had red hair. I'm the only grandchild, out of 52 with any red in my hair.
Genetics are funny.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 11:30 am
@nyiva,
Somebody somewhere in your family (maybe distantly related) probably has a cleft chin.

0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 12:04 pm
@nyiva,
I watched a TV show or a movie that said something about the presence of a cleft chin meaning that the child had to have one - or that the child had one meant that the parent should have one too....it was like...CSI or something like that....but it's not true. You can have a cleft chin and your true parents may not have one. You were not adopted. Very Happy
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 01:14 pm
I've got hazel eyes and neither of my parents have hazel eyes.

how is this possible?
Intrepid

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 02:12 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

I've got hazel eyes and neither of my parents have hazel eyes.

how is this possible?

Do they have cleft chins?
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 02:16 pm
My sister had a friend whose parents are both Mestizo. They have dark brown eyes, black hair, and have dark complexions. My sister's friend was fair skinned and blonde with dark brown eyes.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 24 Aug, 2009 04:12 pm
@nyiva,
nyiva wrote:

my brother and i both have cleft chins but both our parents dont have cleft chins.how is it possible?

It's not possible. It's obvious that your real, cleft-chinned parents abandoned you and your brother as infants on the doorstep of a kindly, childless, non-cleft-chinned couple who raised you two as their own children, never revealing their dangerous secret, and that your real parents have subsequently died and left you as the true ruler of Sardinia. That also explains that birthmark on your posterior in the shape of a strawberry.
0 Replies