8

2001: A Space Odyssey, Elvira Madigan, and Fantasia

georgeob1

1  
Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2018 10:44 am
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

I know he's probably not up there with the greats but I loved the movie soundtrack to The Mission by Ennio Moricone and the Passion by Peter Gabriel.
I have a fairly large collection of classical music but these two artist helped me expand my 'classical' tastes in a more modern direction.

[/quote]

Ceili's post is is now 15 years old, and we haven't seen her here in a long time, but I do agree with her about the film scores of Ennio Morricone - wonderful music. The score of "The Mission" which she cited and as well those of "Cinema Paradiso" and "Once upon a time in America" are all quite beautiful. Morricone also wrote the film scores for most of the so called "spaghetti westerns directed by Sergio Leone.