The universe is an experiment of extra terrestrial giants.

Reply Sat 15 Aug, 2009 10:11 pm
( i dont really believe this, im making a different point)

I think this universe is being ruled by giants out of this universe that are telling us what to do in our minds.

If you dont believe me, prove me wrong.

rosborne979

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 06:08 am
@Ogitoc groe sum,
You are implying a philosophical assumption that "the giants" supersede our perceptions and cognitive awareness, and as such, you have set up a situation in which nothing can be proven.

This is essentially the "God" assumption. It invokes a supernatural rule set which supersedes logic and deduction and awareness; a philosophical dead-zone in which subjective reality becomes objective.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 06:21 am
Ogitoc groe sum, being messed up, therefore not being, wrote:

Why would one take the trouble to do so? Some of us know that you are wrong, that's sufficient.
Foofie

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 07:57 am
No the universe exists, as we perceive it, because without mind, all is just waves of energy. Mind is needed for waves to function like particles.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 08:08 am
@Ogitoc groe sum,
argumentum ad ignorantiam
Ogitoc groe sum

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 08:21 am
@Francis,
If im wrong you should have proof that im wrong. Do you have proof?
Francis

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 08:29 am
foofie wrote:
because without mind, all is just waves of energy.

This has been told to you ad nauseam.

Waves exist because there's an "observer": mind.

If mind doesn't exist, waves don't exist.

But maybe the nuance is too subtle for you to perceive it..
Francis

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 08:32 am
@Ogitoc groe sum,
The burden of proof rests solely upon the claimant...
Shapeless

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 08:33 am
@Ogitoc groe sum,
Quote:
If im wrong you should have proof that im wrong.

The same argument works for the other side as well, which is a telltale indication that it's not an argument at all.
parados

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 08:33 am
@Ogitoc groe sum,
Ogitoc groe sum wrote:

If im wrong you should have proof that im wrong. Do you have proof?

Of course you are wrong..

All the proof you need can be found at the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster -

http://www.venganza.org/about/
Ogitoc groe sum

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 09:29 am
@Shapeless,
I think youll find bringing up physical paradoxes that havent been figured out do the trick nicely.
Shapeless

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 10:39 am
@Ogitoc groe sum,
Do what trick nicely?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 11:37 am
@Francis,
Quote:
The burden of proof rests solely upon the claimant...

I strongly concur.

When you make a statement asserting something to be a fact, the burden of proof is in your corner. No one has to prove you wrong; you have to offer evidence that you are right.
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 04:34 pm
read Ted Sturgeon's short story "Microcosmic God."

http://www.scribd.com/doc/8290/Sturgeon-Theodore-Microcosmic-God-txt

He's about 70's years ahead of you.
0 Replies

billionsnbillions

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 09:45 am
There are some leading physcists who say that creating a universe may not be that difficult, although beyond current technology. Andre Linde, physicist from Stanford, creator of the chaotic inflation theory, said all that is needed is 1/100,000th of a gram of matter to create a universe, and some special conditions. Its beyond my physics understanding, but his theory does present a possibility that we could have been created by beings who are not that much more advanced than humans. His ideas rule out any mind control, because to the outside observer our universe may appear extremely small or disappear in their dimension. Linde points out that for some entity to control a single mind or individual events on a universe that is smaller than an atom would be about impossible. The message would be far too large for a single mind to interpret. Linde did suggest the possibility of the outer edge of our universe may have a message that we have not yet decoded, something that research equipment like COBE may one day discover. Here is a link on exxactly this topic http://www.slate.com/id/2100715
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 10:48 am
@Ogitoc groe sum,
Wasn't this a movie twist/visual gag (not really a plot twist, so it's not really a spoiler) at the end of the comic flick starring Will Smith? Men In Black?

Isn't that enough proof that the theory is highly unlikely?

Which comic book adapted script was written by Ed Solomon, the screenwriter of the following cinematic tragedies?
The In-Laws (2003/I) (screenplay)
Charlie's Angels (2000) (written by)
Super Mario Bros. (1993) (written by)
Mom and Dad Save the World (1992) (written by)
Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey (1991) (characters) (written by)
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989) (writer)
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 10:52 am
@Shapeless,
I'm not exactly sure what you said in your Latin phrase but I thinketh I getteth thy drift. Wink

Hey! Google was nice enough to translate it for me. Google is indeed our friend! Very Happy
Quote:
The argument from ignorance is characterized and shown to be sometimes persuasive but normally fallacious.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 27 Oct, 2009 10:54 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

All the proof you need can be found at the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster -

http://www.venganza.org/about/

That's proof enough for me to convert! Shocked
0 Replies

shiva21

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2010 02:57 am
@Ogitoc groe sum,
Ok there are Hint giving by the Book of genesis , and there s a very old Painting with the virgin mary and on the background there s a ufo also. And there s the skulls that were found in malta and in pero also . In egyptian painting there are also babies that have an oval skull while their mother is wearing and long hat . Maybe there was a civisilation before.
In my opinion the giants your talking about are nothing more that the planets , the sun and every in the universe. There was a russian scientist that actually once found that whatever happens in the outer space effect our behaviour, for instance one of them was ,when there s an earthquake or a change up there , there s also a radical change in behaviour ,like one of them was the french revolution . I will find the info and post it , cause i wrote half of the details and not sure were the earthquake was aswell.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 29 Dec, 2010 05:34 am
@Ogitoc groe sum,
Ogitoc groe sum wrote:

( i dont really believe this, im making a different point)

I think this universe is being ruled by giants [How many giants ?] out of this universe that are telling us what to do in our minds.

0 Replies