Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 08:55 am
for the past 2 days I have needed to log in to all sites I use regularly (yahoo mail-comcast mail- a2k, etc) I have not changed any settings and allow cookies and check "keep me logged in" in internet tools. Using firefox on compaq laptop (Vista) also my laptop has started shutting down without any prompts to do so requiring me to restart often. any suggestions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 518 • Replies: 5
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 09:11 am
@dyslexia,
Id fry your chopped onions and add more butter. Then Id add the curry, a few pinches at a time. That makes a nice "curry roux" with sweet onions.

dyslexia

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 09:12 am
@farmerman,
kiss my go-to-hell FM
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 03:13 pm
@dyslexia,
I had a similar experience last week, after a momentary power failure shut down the computer. I was on the internet at the time. I never heard of a power failure, or abnormal shut down causing loss of cookies, but that's how it acts.
roger

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 03:14 pm
@roger,
I should add that after logging in to a familiar site, and selecting "remember me", or equivalant, I've not been logged out from those sites.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2009 03:23 pm
@dyslexia,
I have some of that going on with both yahoo and gmail. The yahoo folk and I have conversed at length (not so easy in the first place, ya'know, as first you have to find them) and after we wound our way past all the obvious possibilities like my possibly not knowing what a cookie is, and several less obvious possibilities, they sent a third or fourth email with another list of things to try. I'm in a rest phase, but do intend to try those new ideas. Tomorrow...

Anyway, your trouble seems ickier than mine.. good luck, Dys.
0 Replies