Killing hornets

ehBeth

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 11:30 am
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
How do I get rid of these pests?

I vote for having a professional take care of it. At least that way if it doesn't work, you've usually got a warranty for them to come back and back and back until they do get rid of them.

They're mean and tough buggers - and they overwinter far too well.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 02:05 pm
After uncountable cans of poison Mr. B geared up and dug the stump out. He escaped with nary a sting.

Ding dong the pests are gone!
Linkat

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 03:07 pm
@boomerang,
I'm gonna report him to PETA
boomerang

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 05:26 pm
@Linkat,
<snork>

Mo wouldn't even go outside for the last three days because of those darn whatevers. If PETA shows up I'll point out that Mo is an animal that shouldn't be caged.

Its a boy eat bee world out there.
Linkat

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 05:10 am
@boomerang,
Oh, Peta doesn't give one hoot about people (even if they are also animals). They wouldn't think twice about killing or hurting a person. But God forbid you try to smoke bees to get their honey....
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Fri 14 Aug, 2009 08:29 am
For future information

use gas but dont light it. (thats just stupid and dangerouse). pour around a small coke bottle of gas into the hole at night. plug the hole with a rag ram the trag into the hole with a stick. The gas will suffocatethe little buggers. i use this all the time with what we call european wasps.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 03:31 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
How do I get rid of these pests?

After reading this best of craigslist ad I'm convinced we all were going about this the wrong way.

Quote:
FREE Hornet's Nest

I have a hornet's nest free for the taking! Hornets included. You must remove. Will need a ladder, it's under a 2nd floor eave. I just noticed it today. It's almost the size of a volleyball.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1272165936

0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 18 Aug, 2009 04:56 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

Its a boy eat bee world out there.

Now, there's a creative solution, right there.
0 Replies