Australian Animals, dogs, humans, and creationism

vikorr

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 04:42 am
I've always wondered how creationists explain the animals in Australia? They are so different from anywhere else on earth...same with the fossil records. Surely, given Noah's Ark, this is an oddity that can't be explained by creationism?

Certainly from an evolutionary perspective, it makes perfect sense that a land so isolated would develop different creatures to the rest of the world.

Also, dogs...they come in varying shapes and sizes, but are all dogs. They can be bred to have certain traits...from a creationist perspective, did all dog breeds exist?...because if they didn't, then dogs have changed shaped and size to 'evolve' into many different types of dogs....and no one can truly say a fox terrier bears much resemblance to a huge mastiff (I've seen some over 90kg).

And humans...for Australians in the early 1900's, it was a rarity to have anyone over 6 foot...but the percentage of people that size is growing all the time, so humans are 'evolving' upwards in size.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 11 • Views: 4,386 • Replies: 56
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 06:12 am
@vikorr,
Vikorr you can not used logic or common sense on ID/creationists as they are trying to fit the universe into a view that allow them to keep their faith in every word of the bible.
contrex

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 06:26 am
@BillRM,
Maybe God put the Australian fauna there to test the faith of Christians?
Intrepid

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 11:53 am
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

No Christians existed until the arrival of Jesus Christ.
contrex

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 03:20 pm
@Intrepid,
Quote:

Maybe God put them there around 1 AD? Of course, I wasn't being serious, but if I were, I daresay I'd point out that God, being omniscient, would have known way in advance about Jesus.
dlowan

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 04:13 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Oz flora and fauna were timid...they would not get off the ark until it was REALLY REALLY dry.

By that time, the other animals had taken all the good spots....climate wise.....and the Oz fauna had to walk and walk and walk and walk...so they developed neat stuff like hopping (to conserve energy) and pouches (made it easier to store the young on the move).
ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 04:21 pm
@dlowan,
Snort..

Meantime, I'll add that not all christians are creationism proponents (but y'all know that).

Dear Bunny, tell us how you and your ilk arrived in Australia...
dlowan

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 04:23 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Dear Bunny, tell us how you and your ilk arrived in Australia...

By ship.
NickFun

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 05:35 pm
There is nothing in this world that can e explained by creationism. Evolution pretty much covers it all very well.
Intrepid

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 05:44 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Quote:

Maybe God put them there around 1 AD? Of course, I wasn't being serious, but if I were, I daresay I'd point out that God, being omniscient, would have known way in advance about Jesus.

He did. Man did not. Wink
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 05:46 pm
@NickFun,
NickFun wrote:

There is nothing in this world that can e explained by creationism. Evolution pretty much covers it all very well.

Ah, but what if evolution followed the creation? Ever think of that? Smile
roger

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 05:52 pm
@Intrepid,
Sure. So did a lot of diests
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 05:58 pm
@dlowan,
Succinct, and what I thot.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 06:00 pm
@Intrepid,
The catholics did, at least when I was paying attention.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 08:27 am
@vikorr,
vikorr wrote:
I've always wondered how creationists explain the animals in Australia? They are so different from anywhere else on earth...same with the fossil records. Surely, given Noah's Ark, this is an oddity that can't be explained by creationism?

With a little imagination, *poofism* can explain anything. And Creationists have a LOT of imagination, so I don't think a little thing like "facts" and "reality" are going to get in their way.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 07:25 pm
Well, I'm a bit disappointed that no one from the creationist field has posted a reply.

Personally, I guess, if you don't believe in the absolute literal word of the bible, then evolution wouldn't really be an issue (after all, what's to say 'God' didn't guide evolution?)

But from a literal biblical point of view, Australian animals don't make creationism sense, while they make evolutionary sense.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 07:29 pm
unique animals!
unique people! Smile
roger

Reply Thu 13 Aug, 2009 09:09 pm
@margo,
You got that right.
0 Replies

tenderfoot

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 12:29 am
The biblical garden of Eden was on the Gold Coast, Queensland Australia. Adam and Eve never left here--- that'd why the rest of the world have all those queer animals.

That's what I believe and I have all the faith I need to make it true.
roger

Reply Sun 16 Aug, 2009 12:42 am
@tenderfoot,
Excellent! About like my theory that someday we will have a massive earthquake in the US. California will be left standing, while the other 47 contiguous states will quietly slide off into the Atlantic.
0 Replies