DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 02:01 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Obama is naive, dangerously so.

you could have gone. stepped up to lil kim. flicked the little bastard on his nose and demanded, i mean DEMANDED that he release those women.

what held ya back ?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 02:47 pm
@farmerman,
The really funny thing is that Obama is willing to talk to N. Korea without any prisoners being released. We got the prisoners for free, but if you listen to some of the talking heads, we should have let them rot.
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 02:51 pm
Hawkeye wrote:
When we pay the ransom we encourage the snatching of Americans...

How, exactly, were these Americans "snatched"? They were illegal aliens that were detained on North Korean soil. That's like saying the US Border Patrol regularly "snatches" foreigners that are found on US soil on its Southwest border.
How would the detaining of illegal aliens encourage actual "snatching", that is to say, kidnapping?

Along the same vein, that relic of the Dubya Administration, John Bolton, opined in the article that blueflame linked here that the reporters' arrest, "show trial" and subsequent imprisonment was hostage taking, essentially an act of state terrorism. That's like saying that the illegal aliens that are arrested, tried and imprisoned by the US is also hostage taking, and is also essentially an act of state terrorism. Both are pretty preposterous propositions amounting to nothing more than straw grasping.
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 03:34 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

The really funny thing is that Obama is willing to talk to N. Korea without any prisoners being released. We got the prisoners for free, but if you listen to some of the talking heads, we should have let them rot.

most of them are the same that want to bomb iran over a hostage thing from 30 years ago.

bunch of idiots.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 03:39 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Along the same vein, that relic of the Dubya Administration, John Bolton,

hey! he could have gone over there with Hawkeye10 and smacked lil kim around too!

that might have been a schedule conflict with the week's neo-con circle wank over at the American Enterprise Institute. ; )
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 05:59 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
a regime that is responsible for the starvation of over a half million people and that may well be the launcher of the next wave of nuclear weapon destruction.

Don't be casting stones with such abandon.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 06:04 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
we encourage the snatching of Americans..

Don't be talking about snatching innocent citizens of other countries with your Alfred E Neuman "Who us?" face.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 6 Aug, 2009 06:22 pm
while i'm glad they're free, i'm cynical enough to believe that had they not worked for al gore 9ie freelance jpournalists) and one hadn't been a celebrities sister, we might not be having this discussion
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 02:09 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

while i'm glad they're free, i'm cynical enough to believe that had they not worked for al gore 9ie freelance jpournalists) and one hadn't been a celebrities sister, we might not be having this discussion

maybe not. but every journey starts with a first step. dunno about you bud, but the u.s. has been at these undeclared wars for my entire life time.

at some point ya gotta say wtf and let the world do it's normal bullshit. they all did it long before us, and they'll be doing it long after you and i have turned into fertilizer.

some of these guys don't get it. they seem to believe that the only thing worth getting up and breathing in and out for every day is war. something that almost none of them are willing to do themselves but are all for sending somebody else off for.

i don't act against some of our wars because i'm a naive pacifist liberal. i act against most of them because they haven't got **** to do with anything but special interests and pricks like cheney and limbaugh that let somebody else get their balls blown off while they hang back and make bank.

so if clinton went over and gave that little bastard a cheap foto op, or even a lifetime subscription to Netflix, to get those girls back.. i could care less. if obama gives a courteous bow to a foreign leader.. so the F*@k what?

at least he wasn't walking along literally holding hands with the leader of the country who supplied 15 of the high jacking sons of bitches that did the 9/11 attacks.

so really, who's the appeaser in all of this? or is it who's the bitch?

you know who thinks this deal was a failure? the guys at the aei and heritage and pnac who have been making money off of the Fear Industry for the last 16 years.

sorry dude. not ranting at you. just these guys have finally really pissed me off.

JTT

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 11:01 am
@DontTreadOnMe,
So, do you still do your oath of allegiance every morning, Dtom?
georgeob1

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 11:26 am
@blueflame1,
blueflame1 wrote:

Clinton was successful in 2000 in uniting Korean families from the North and South who had not seen each other for 50 years. He opened a door to a better future which Bushie slammed shut when he came out swinging and looking for trouble here there and everywhere. Now Clinton has reopened the door to a saner policy and Obama will take advantage I bet.

I believe Clinton's trip was a good thing because it brought about the release of the prisoners without any significant concessions on our part - except for the photo op which was important to the somewhat beleagured dictator.

However, you are dead wrong with respect to the nonsensical notion that a 'new door has been opened' in our relations with North Korea. What is going on there now has more to do with plans and manuvering for succession in a brutal tyranny. Bush was very successful in undoing the follies of the earlier Clinton administration during which we were negotiating directly with the dictator, while South Korea, Japan, and China stood on the sidelines, and delivering him bribes of economic aid in return for insults. Bush instituted the six party talks and made it clear to all that we consider this a regional problem - and not one of our own. The truth is it is Korea's neighbors who have the most to lose as a result of the regime's bad behavior and the most direct leverage over it.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 11:33 am
@georgeob1,
I see GeorgeOB is hedging his bets again. Smooth move George.
JTT

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 11:38 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
Bush was very successful in undoing the follies of the earlier Clinton administration during which we were negotiating directly with the dictator,

Stop the posturing, Gob1. The idiot element of your governments, the ones you support, only negotiate with dictators that are your dictators.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 11:42 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I see GeorgeOB is hedging his bets again. Smooth move George.

What the hell does that mean ?? I'm not hedging anything. I expressed my opinion and my reasons for it quite clearly.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 11:54 am
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I believe Clinton's trip was a good thing because it brought about the release of the prisoners without any significant concessions on our part - except for the photo op which was important to the somewhat beleagured dictator.
That George is called "hedging your bets"
georgeob1

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 12:11 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Quote:
That George is called "hedging your bets"

Nonsense. You are assigning a rhetorical motive to an expressed opinion which was accompanied by a sound reason and basis for it. I am neither a prisoner of doctrine nor a manipulator of rhetorical positions.

You just can't bring yourself to admit you agree.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 12:41 pm
@georgeob1,
yes dear. of course I agree that the important thing is the young ladies are home and free.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 12:46 pm
@georgeob1,
Quote:
I am neither a prisoner of doctrine nor a manipulator of rhetorical positions

You are both, Gob1 and much worse.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 01:02 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

So, do you still do your oath of allegiance every morning, Dtom?

i am happy to say the pledge of allegiance to the u.s. but not the under god crap and certainly not to anyone who would see this country as yet another roman empire.

JTT

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 01:06 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
You always have exhibited a degree of rationality that must surely perplex the more rabid "patriots".