Who Blew It? President Obama, Professor Gates or Sgt. Crowley

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 03:52 am
Quote:
A white Cambridge police sergeant and a black Harvard professor both made mistakes in a confrontation last year that led to an arrest and a national debate on racial profiling, a report released Wednesday said.

The report details the infamous July 16, 2009 arrest of Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates by Cambridge police Sgt. James Crowley. President Barack Obama jumped into the debate over the arrest leading to the well-publicized "Beer Summit" at the White House, where the officer and the academic met with the president.
Sergeant Crowley and Professor Gates missed opportunities to lower the temperature of their encounter and communicate clearly with each other, and the results were unfortunate for everyone concerned. They share responsibility for the outcome," the report concluded.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/01/harvard.gates.report/index.html?hpt=T2

said as if these two men are equals. They were equals at the beer summit, on that day one was a law enforcement officer and one was a citizen. The agent of the collective doing the collectives bidding had priority, in a tie the citizen must submit to the will of the officer. Only if the officer is clearly not properly carrying out his duties does the citizen have the right to refuse to submit.
Sglass

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 05:36 am
Well, wonder how much it cost taxpayers for that bit of clarification?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 08:18 am
@hawkeye10,
In the article Hawkeye quoted, CNN wrote:
The committee was the idea of Cambridge's police commissioner and was made up of experts in law enforcement and race.

How do I become an expert in race? Sounds like an interesting job.
electronicmail

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 10:48 am
@Thomas,
Quote:

That's real easy. Say you hear a comment about some female who looks like a butt-ugly gorilla. Immediately inspect her picture. If she's a Bulgarian weightlifter (white) she's really a butt-ugly gorilla. BUT if she's black, then she's an ethereal fairy and YOU are a damn racist. Simple, right? Here's a training exercise http://able2know.org/topic/153736-2#post-4194516
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 03:13 pm
@Thomas,
Harvard and other great colleges offer courses in Black Studies. Also Women's Studies if I'm not mistaken. That might be your starting point.
electronicmail

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 03:17 pm
@roger,
Graduating with a degree in "black studies" makes you a "race expert"? What does graduating in "women's studies" make you, a "sex expert"? This is getting more confused by the minute, I hope someone will explain.
Sglass

Reply Thu 1 Jul, 2010 10:11 pm
@electronicmail,
Naw, women's studies teachs you how to change your own tire, how to change your oil and still be hell in the kitchen.
electronicmail

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 06:03 am
@Sglass,
Well thanks, so what does "black studies" teach?
Sglass

Reply Fri 2 Jul, 2010 07:20 am
@electronicmail,
I don't know, google it.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 4 Jul, 2010 07:52 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

In the article Hawkeye quoted, CNN wrote:
The committee was the idea of Cambridge's police commissioner and was made up of experts in law enforcement and race.

The topic ("race") is fraught with very little objective fact, in my opinion, since the concept of race, in the way of analogy, is like judging a gift, based on whether the wrapping paper reflects one's favorite color or design.

Anyway, I think some people subscribe to the word "race" interchangebly with nationality, or ethnic group.

And, if the Nazis won, they would have been de facto experts on race.

However, I do not believe being an expert on race would be "interesting." It might be frustrating once one got some DNA samples from different populations of supposedly separate races, and discovered the similarities.

0 Replies

cheater120

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2023 09:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Breaking into your own home is a serial killer, if of Presidential candor, ADHD, since Bill Clinton. He'd use other neighbor's toilets, as a teenager. There were frequent excursions to Stan Lee's offices in New York, with a Presidential gun, demanded by Presideent Clinton.

Homelnnd Security, through the FBI, deals with all such Presidents, the ADHD, with bowel infarcations, through a bathroom ambush, since President Clinton, and the Cerebro project, in Oklahoma's Federl Building, from Rudolph Hess's notes, since Bill Clinton.

Honestly, if you die of an aneurysm, you weren't smoking marijuana as a teenage Native, like Bill Clinton was.

Poor Presidential recruiting, through Chas T. Main Boston, now Israeli Chas T. Main Pasadena, Israel.

If you Jews want it, you can take it.

Power and water, drugs and alcohol free, your President, the Pavlach, The Joker, the comedy movie.

We'll find some other way to recruit a CEO through economics, the cop vote for favorite food; hush puppies, Joe Biden,

Figure it out, Israel.

Russia is done, with Britain. Please don't nuke them, us, because of athletes, on the radio, they don't practice Ninjitsu, that's for spies. Just Buddhism, Judeaken.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2023 12:27 pm
@cheater120,
OpenAI has a long way to go.
0 Replies