Who is the pitcher, and what team does he play on, that hits the ball on the ground while pitching?

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 05:11 pm
I know that this would qualify as a ball, BUT this guy pitches by hitting the ground first, before the batter hits it. I am NOT dreaming; I watched him pitch several innings and each pitch was exactly the same.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 3,418 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 15 Jul, 2009 05:17 pm
@rays fan,
Are you think of Tim Wakefield's knuckleball? If so, that one doesn't bounce in the dirt before the batter (if he does so) makes contact.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 08:38 am
@rays fan,
No pitcher bounces the ball off the ground....or are you talking about a submarine style pitcher, who's hand is very close to the ground when throwing? Or perhaps, you are on crack?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 08:41 am
I know Tim Lincecum comes very close to dragging his knuckles on his follow through.

Damnit. I'm out of crack.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 08:55 am
Rays fan....nuff saidhttp://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4568/set2stir.gif
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 09:35 am
I think cricket pitchers bounce the ball. Sure you're talking about the right sport?
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 09:44 am
ok, I just googled it and it appears that cricket bowlers don't bounce the ball. My Australian brother-in-law once tried to explain cricket to me using salt and pepper shakers at a Mexican restaurant in Tucson. I lost him at "googly".
panzade

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2009 09:48 am
@MontereyJack,
if he used tequila shot-glasses to represent the fielders i can see why you lost your concentration
0 Replies