God, I forgot to pray...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 800 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Come2memylove

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 08:55 am
WOW..those agonizing times we search for God. It is a journey sometimes. A trek that seems God is so far away. Not a fun place to be.
Hugs,
Come2memylove
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 09:21 am
floris, Your poem bleeds with hurt, and I felt that blood. I would redo the second stanza because it seems to be less organized than the rest of your poem. "slap", for example, is a playful word to me, and your use of the question mark doesn't exactly fit the theme of the rest of your words.

Keep on sharing, floris.
0 Replies

floris

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 04:27 am
Letty, I'm gonna explain you my poem and after this you'll see why I wrote the second stanza and put it there --> in my poem.
In "I've forgotten" I'm talking with two persons. The first person is God and the second is my love (the second and the third strophes are for my love).
Now, let me tell you the subject (scenario) of my poem: you know how is... when everything it's o.k in our life, when all the world is ours, we forget about Him --> about God (the most of us). We need Him only when we feel bad, when we are down.

Why I said:
"How crazy I wasÂ…
I opened my heart for you
And I let you hold my dreams,
I gave you my world..." ? Because I trusted in that person, I really loved that person with all my soul, "...but instead what I received?// Only slaps.". And slap doesn't mean --> hand hit! Slap, in my poem, means
--> LIE.
You can imagine: when you are in love, but really in love, with all your being, you can forget him/her for what he/she did (when he/she's did something bad). But for how long? For everything exists a limit. "In the beginning were sweet, sweet slaps,// But slowly, slowly they began to bite
from me like jackals."
And you know what hurts the most? When that person knows that he/she's doing something wrong and he/she doesn't want to stop... when that person doesn't care if he/she's hurting someone (especially his/her love): "...my soul was crying, //But did you ever hear it? Never, never.".
So, after this, after I saw how is the reality, I wanted to call Him, again, in my life. But how? For a long time we didn't talk... "God, I've forgotten to pray. //Look at me, I'm staying here alone in the dark, //In my knees with my unite hands //And I don't know what to do. //I'm so ashamed, so ashamed."
"And right now, when I need You so much, //When the voice of death is tempting me, //Right now, I don't know how to pray.": right now means the moment after I left that person, because I couldn't resist anymore to live in that way; the voice of the death is tempting me --> all that pain from my heart is rummaging me and in some moments I wish to die.

"Someone, someday told me:
"You are an angel!"
And was right!" --> that "someone" is my love.
"I'm an angel who fell from the sky,
An angel who lost his wings, when he began
to learn to fly." --> all of these because I left Him.
"God, make me see You, make me hear You,
Make me hold You and be my Light." with these words I'm asking Him to forgive me and to give me another chance.

"Today, I prayed." --> the first two lyrics from my prayer are:
"God, I've forgotten to pray. //Look at me, I'm staying here alone in the dark..."

All I have said was with reference to my poem.

I don't know if I've been so precise (will be so easy to explain you in my language), but all I have to say is that: we have to see God in every moment from our life, we have to pray not only when we are in pain.
Come2memylove, this is poetry. So many meanings.
Thank you all.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 07:57 am
floris, You have explicated your words beautifully, and they take on new meaning. There's not a person in this world who has not trod the path that you have. Often, however, they don't know how to express it as well as you have.
0 Replies

floris

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 03:51 am
Re: I've forgotten
I'm glad, 'cause now you know what I wanted to say with my poem "I've forgotten".
For you, Letty.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 05:46 pm
floris
Very well stated and wonderfully written.
0 Replies