Gerrans out of tour de france

dadpad

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 07:59 am
My mate Simon Gerrans has been dropped from the Cervelo Test Team and the tour de france.

Something is rotten in denmark (or france).

http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/tourdefrance/gerrans-and-supporters-see-red-after-tour-de-france-snub/2009/06/25/1245522937295.html

Simon last year won a breakaway stage in the tour and another stage win in this years Giro de italia. He is probably in the best form of his life.

CTT includes rider of the calibre of Carlos Sastre and Thor Hushovd but seem to have opted for journeymen Spanish riders to support Sastre in the mountains.
I believe Gerrans should have made the CTT squad ahead of a couple of other riders and felt his former charge could have landed a job on another team.
"I know that there are other people that would love to have him on their team including [Australia's 2007 and 2008 Tour de France runner-up] Cadel Evans just from personal conversations,".

Other Australians in the CTT team include Heinrich Haussler (German born but raised in Aust) and Brett Lancaster another local North East Victorian lad riding his first tour.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,429 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:15 am
And Now I hear on the eve of the tour allan Davis has been dropped from the quickstep team.

Is this happening because Aussie riders dont take drugs?
farmerman

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:51 am
@dadpad,
will he now go back to Vienna?
roger

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 01:38 pm
@dadpad,
Probably.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2009 08:28 pm
@farmerman,
Think he's from Ipswitch in Queensland so Vienna, or indeed anywhere, would be better.
0 Replies