Your Idea Film

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 07:59 am
Hey everybody,
We're a group of students from Upper Bann Institute in Banbridge, Northern Ireland.
We are currently researching ideas for our film which we have to make for our AVCE Media Studies course.
We would like to know what you think is the ideal film, what you'd like to see in a film. Do you like horror, violence, comedy, romance etc? If so, we'd like to know.
We will be interested in reading your comments.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,435 • Replies: 16
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 08:04 am
ubibanbridge- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Well, the kind of film that I like is one of psychological horror and deep characterizations. No slasher movies for me. I like the sort of movie where the horror is implied, and subtle. I also like the movie to have three dimensional characters, so you have an understanding of their motivations.

Three of my favorites are Psycho, Silence of the Lambs, and The Manchurian Candidate.
0 Replies

ubibanbridge

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 08:25 am
Thanks,Phoenix32890.
It will only be a short film, about 10-20 minutes long.
We were thinking of doing something like Jackass, except it's just going to be a fight film the whole way through, including a fight in the cells of our local police station!
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 10:31 am
Sounds like you have a plan there, ubibanbridge. I vote for comedy. Perhaps the fight can have some slapstick elements...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 10:43 am
i like a film where the twists in the plot obviate the need for 'devices"

jackass would be an easy film to make because the segments were just stuck together with no obvious attempt at plot . Like what if one of the guys, in each successive segment, began wearing more and more bandages and tape from his injuries suffered in the previous segments , so that the last segment , because he moved so slowly or couldnt see hed just get run over by a car and theyd haulk him away.

Sort of like Easy Rider, no story, kickass ending
0 Replies

gingy

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 10:49 am
some of the best ones are: life as a house
finding forester
sleepers
taking of pelham 1-2-3
pacific heights
war of the roses
as good as it gets
the swimmer
emperors' club

i like a movie with a twist. or a great plot. i enjoy something a little offbeat like life as a house--watch it. it is the best movie i ever saw.
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 12:03 pm
I like something thats well planned out and researched almost like a documentory but with a more exciting story line, I think of sniper movies like enemy at the gate or sniper and they did not do their research it really kills a movie for me. so the kind of movie i like is something real and researched no matter what genre
0 Replies

gingy

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 07:47 pm
safecracker
taking of pelhan 1 2 3 is very well researched. and the characters well developed.

it is about four men who hijack a subway car for 1 million dollars.

it is confusing because the four perps are named mr. blue, green, grey, and borwn. the desguises the wear make them look very similar. hats glasses mustache similar coats.

it is suspenseful and has good actors. mart. balsan, robert shaw, and walter matthaw.

i bught the movie i liked it so much.
0 Replies

Beedlesquoink

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 08:53 pm
I would like to see a history film made from the viewpoint of the supposed losers... for inctance, a movie about the american indians that wasn't sappy or pretentious. Or a history of the protests against the Viet Nam war that was sympathetic to the good people who resisted it and didn't end up suggesting that their efforts were wasted.

Of course such films could never be popular. Not enough potential for gratuitous sex and explosions. But I can dream.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 04:12 pm
The Dave Barry rule. A movie is as bad in direct proportion to the number of helicopters therein.
0 Replies

gingy

Reply Wed 8 Oct, 2003 10:10 pm
beedle
that is interersting. i think it could be a goahead if it is done in an interesting and thoughtful way.

it wouldn't have to be historically accurate as long as the message portrayed WAS. in otherwords if they need to spice it up that would be ok as long as the story is not utterly changed.
0 Replies

ubibanbridge

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 05:57 am
You have to remember that this is only going to be a 10 minute short film made by students. Good ideas though, keep them coming. By the way, the poll closes on Tuesday, so keep voting
0 Replies

gingy

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 09:36 pm
oh only ten minutes.

how about a film showing someone rushing to get ready to go to work and everything goes wrong?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 10 Oct, 2003 04:38 pm
HOW bout , the title and opening lines and all those'amovie, of a-----film co, based on a movie of-----fwhich is a----film. thEN, immediately roll the closing credits. theyll hate your asses, one and all.
0 Replies

gingy

Reply Sun 12 Oct, 2003 10:59 pm
or how about one that shows a person who goes grocery shoppiing. and ends up paying nothing due to cuopons--and thievery Very Happy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 05:51 am
split screen. On one side a flask full of water and 5g of clay powder. on the other side a shale cliff with shale beds about 20 ft thick making a huge cliff face. shake up the beaker and just let it settle. Call i9t "Time"
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 09:40 am
Hey, ubib. You might try a film like the following:

http://www.blairwitch.com/

There are those who truly believe that film was real. Why not try one about the banshees. Smile
0 Replies