Phpbb Problem

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 12:22 am
I get this error while going to the Admin section. mr bob douglas [dot] com [/] sickclan

Is the place it is at. Not sure what the problem is. Here is the error, and it only happens a few times.

phpBB : Critical Error

Error clearing sessions table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1044 Access denied for user: 'mrbobdou_admin@localhost' to database 'mrbobdou_bb'

DELETE FROM phpbb_sessions WHERE session_time < 1065503775 AND session_id <> 'ec028bb7c5756395a9051cd38563614a'

Line : 290
File : /home/mrbobdou/public_html/sickclan/includes/sessions.php
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,339 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 12:25 am
Empty the phpbb sessions table.
0 Replies

BobbyDouglas

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 07:55 am
Sorry for the late response, I just decide to reinstall the board Sad

What is your opinion on phpbb compared to other forums? I would like to know the pros/cons of phpbb, ipb, vb, and so forth.

So far my only complaint is that vb already has file attachments ready.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 08:02 am
Well, phpbb used to use a MUCH higher server load than the others but this has improved slightly (not enough for me, I run a heavily modified set of code to reduce the server load) and will improve in the future.

For most sites that won't be an issue but for a forum like this (1000+ posts/day) it makes the world of a difference.

phpbb's main strength is that it is used by many people who in turn develop many mods for it (e.g. I will soon release about 20 of my own modifications). The wide userbase is also good for support as many have run into all the problems you have.

vb is easily the best one out there but it's not open source.

phpbb will have attachments in the vanilla version shortly. Acyd Burn (the coder who wrote the attachment mod) is part of the development team and attachment support will be standard in 2.2.

But there are some others. I will be placing them here.

I'd go with phpbb if you want to really customize it and are not a PHP wizard. If you just want professional support and security go with vb (but for goodness sake make a fresh template as vb templates tend to be butt ugly).
0 Replies

BobbyDouglas

Reply Tue 14 Oct, 2003 04:25 pm
ok, thanks for the input... im gunna stick to phpbb for now. I have a copy of vb tho, whats your impression or Invision Power Board? My friend keeps telling me that ipb is soooo much better than vb and phpbb, but i dunno anything about either of them.
0 Replies