I have 4 months left on my cond rental. Can I break the lease some how?

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 12:17 pm
I have 4 months left on a year lease for my apartment. I have an opportunity to rent a home with an option to buy and it is much less than what I am paying now to rent this apartment. If I do not accept the option to buy immediately, I will lose the option. What can I do with the lease I currently have for the next 4 months? Any advice is appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,171 • Replies: 5
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 12:34 pm
Ask the management if they will let you leave and then pay it out. If it leases again before the 4 months are up, they may give you a break.
dyslexia

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 12:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
what edgar said, when we bought this house we had 3 months left on our lease and management demanded we pay the 3 months rent with the possibility of a refund should the apt be rented prior to the end of the lease. We ended up paying the entire 3 months rent.
Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 01:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
And to add to this answer, you can try to help get it leased early. Ask them if they'll give you a break if you bring them a tenant to replace you. Then advertise for the tenant in places like craigslist so that it doesn't cost them anything.

I've heard of friends who were able to get their property managers to allow someone else to take over a lease.
0 Replies

beschoice

Reply Sun 28 Jun, 2009 07:48 pm
@dyslexia,
Thank you for the info and your time. Well appreciated. Thank you.
0 Replies

shielah

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 07:12 am
@edgarblythe,
Well look for somebody to rent your apartment that's what my boy friend did.
0 Replies