THE NEW ELVIS?

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 12:14 pm
Will Michael Jackson become the new Elvis? Will people allege for years and years that they have seen Jackson, and that he is not really dead? Will Michael Jackson impersonators proliferate in the same disgusting fashion as Elvis impersonators? Whaddayathink, Sports Fans?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,887 • Replies: 14
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 12:21 pm
interesting thought
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 12:23 pm
Well, when Elvis porked and pilled himself to death, there were just literally millions of people who couldn't accept it. It just occurred to me that this event may prove to be a similar situation.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 12:26 pm
it's too bad he couldn't have held on to neverland, the graceland shrine gives people a place to congregate and amplify the myth
Setanta

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 12:28 pm
@djjd62,
That's a very good point . . . and i suspect Graceland earns a pretty penny for . . . somebody . . .
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 01:12 pm
Somebody or other said this about Presley just after he died:

"It was the best career move he could've made."

The same is true of Jackson. Whaddaya wanna bet all his old records are about to be re-released and promoted and sold and a cartload of books of reminiscence about the King of Pop are about to be "written" and published?

It's a marketing masterpiece.
parados

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 01:41 pm
@Merry Andrew,
I heard that Jackson was $400 million in debt. I would suppose that will be paid off rather quickly with the re-releases.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 01:50 pm
@Setanta,
I think Michael Jackson was already one of the most-impersonated people out there... comparable to Elvis too in that there are early-MJ impersonators and late-MJ impersonators. I remember seeing an interview with someone who made a living as an impersonator who was very annoyed with MJ for all those plastic surgeries -- the impersonator kept up for a while, then couldn't afford to anymore.
mismi

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 01:58 pm
@Setanta,
It's funny you say this - I was telling my brother this morning - Michael Jackson paralelled Elvis's life in many ways...King of Pop (King of Rock 'n'Roll) Neverland (Graceland), Married Elvis's daughter (cr-azy)....

He just makes me sad.
Mame

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 02:03 pm
@sozobe,
"very annoyed" - lol
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 03:12 pm
Set's originality and wide ranging imagination is astonishing.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 04:59 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
That's a very good point . . . and i suspect Graceland earns a pretty penny for . . . somebody . . .

I believe those somebodies may be Priscilla and Lisa Marie.
spendius

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 05:17 pm
@jespah,
Quote:
Setanta wrote:

Did Set say that? That's really astonishing. I apologise for underestimating his originality and wide ranging imagination by my failure to say " really" earlier.

It was remiss of me to suggest that he is only ordinarily astonishing.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 26 Jun, 2009 11:57 pm
Elvis impersonaters can be amusing, Michael Jackson impersonators will always be creepy. They will abound however, as will rumors that he staged his death and is alive on a South Pacific island surrounded by chimps and children.

Tremendous talent; disturbed individual.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 05:11 am
@mismi,
Quote:
He just makes me sad.

Me, too, Darlin', me, too . . .
0 Replies