profit on the net..is that for real?

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 09:46 pm
Hi everybody, I've been reading few pdf books about how to get profit on the

net. I read about how rss, bloggs, google adsense, etc can get you some cash .

I wonder if it's possible.

Thanks for sharing any ideas.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 10 • Views: 2,428 • Replies: 13
No top replies

TTH

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 10:23 pm
@navigator,
I don't know about what you have listed, but making profit on the net is possible.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 01:07 am
@navigator,
Make money on the web by selling, for money, pdf books with titles like "Make Money On The Web!". It works because there are lots of lazy greedy fools in the world.
BillRM

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 01:38 pm
@navigator,
Once I went to the trouble of filling out a great deal of paperwork in order to get permission to purchase some surplus electronic compounds from my work for 900 dollars and sold them for a total of 8,000 dollars on ebay, however that was a once off event for me.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 02:34 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Make money on the web by selling, for money, pdf books with titles like "Make Money On The Web!". It works because there are lots of lazy greedy fools in the world.

Why do you always have to be so negative?

Do you think it makes you appear worldly and sophisticated in a jaded way?

In reality, it makes you seem like some dried up husk of a person who can't find joy without hurting someone else.

I think I'd faint if I ever heard you say something pleasant, without some sort of snarky tagline attached.

Yes, there are ways to make money off of other peoples faults, such as greed or ignorance. That's true not just of the internet.

There are however, many legitimate, helpful, useful and worthwhile ways to do the same thing.
roger

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 02:36 pm
@chai2,
Thanks, chai. I've known Navigator here for years. He didn't need that kind of answer.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 03:37 pm
Chai, go crap in a hat.
chai2

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 05:51 pm
@contrex,
contrex wrote:

Chai, go crap in a hat.

why, so you can jerk off over the image?

which, btw, is a way to make money on the internet, although there' many better options.

0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 06:33 pm
I've made money selling on Ebay and Amazon, but I don' think I could make a living at it. There was recently an article in The NYTimes about how difficult it is to make any money with a blog (you could probably do a search and find it). I have no idea how Google adsense works. I think there are a lot more scams than legitimate ways to make money on-line, so remember if it sounds to good to be true it probably is - and never give anyone any money no matter what they promise.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 06:57 pm
@navigator,
I've made a living off the net at various points in my life, it's certainly possible but is not nearly as easy as any of the ebooks suggest.

There are two basic ways to make money on the internet:

1) Sell a product or service yourself.

2) Sell advertisements

The bulk of the ebooks will focus on the latter, as it usually takes less startup cost and overhead than the former, but the former is an easier way to make money in many ways. But like offline, the easiest way to make a million is to start with $900,000 and the web is becoming more and more like that. In the early days you could get rick quick without nearly as much competition. These days you should expect to spend more time and money than it used to take or you'll have to get lucky.

As to how to do this, if you are really interested I'll tell you anything you want to know, but it really all starts with picking your niche.

Do you want to put up content, build traffic and sell ads? Do you want to sell a service or a product? This makes a big difference, and so does the niche. If you focus on something like video games and music, you can expect to be paid little more than 50 cents per 1,000 visitors. If you pick a better niche you can get CPM (cost per thousand impressions) rates above $50.

It makes a big difference, able2know is a site that wasn't intended to make a lot of money, and as a general site it makes a lot less with thousands of visitors a day than other sites I operate that get less than 20 visitors a day.

Picking the right niche is a matter of finding a profitable niche that is not as competitive as the others. The most famously profitable niches are going to be saturated, so focus on something small and specific and it's your best bet.

If you want to know more about it, just ask and I'll answer as I have time.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 09:04 pm
Thanks everybody for sharing, thanks chai2, thanks roger. As I said , I found

some ebooks and I read them of curiosity. I don't see myself being a rich man

from blogging or selling products. I don't know anything about these.

just question I had. Thanks again , all the best.
0 Replies

sofia2010

Reply Sun 27 Jun, 2010 06:18 pm
@navigator,
You can actually work as freelance virtual assistant, it's a home based work all you need is a PC and a fast internet connection.
0 Replies

shanemiller

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 03:04 am
@navigator,
Ya google adsense can make you earn a lot....But still there are many other things with which also you can make profits...So please try and go through that topics also.
0 Replies

shanemiller

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 04:17 am
@navigator,
Yes you can earn a lot of money through google adsense also..
0 Replies