Your Avatar and You!

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 07:37 am
For the most part, all of us have chosen an avator to pictorially represent us on this site. Why did you pick the avator, which you now have?

Is there any psychological significance to your choice of an avator?

Was your choice really only made in good fun, or is there some secret meaning to your choice?

Psychologists frequently tell us, that we as humans, are what we wear on our bodies. Are you what your avatar portrays on your computer screen?

Are you SURE?

Question
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 21,033 • Replies: 536
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 07:40 am
I'll be happy to tell you why I picked mine (I think that I have already mentioned it on the site) if you go first!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 07:48 am
OH MY!!!
psychological?
Im in trouble!
Actually my thought process was like this...
oh a teddy bear!
Oh my goodness, whats been done to the poor thing!
Wait....Oh thats hysterical!
If only it was gagged with a ransom note itd be perfect.

I actually have a couple others....very nice and lovely cute things but, I wanted to keep this silly one till after the holdiays for the whole Holiday effort by Craven.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 07:55 am
Quinn1- I feel LOTS better after hearing your explanation! Razz
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 08:01 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Embarrassed Guess it could be taken differently, huh? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 08:03 am
Quinn1- When came from your "pen" did not exactly jibe with the image on your avatar!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 08:04 am
Is there a barrier to the flow of psychic energy? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 08:04 am
I'm a Border Collie because I kind of herd people on the site. And, on the Internet, no one knows you're a dog.

Plus, this was the first dog avatar uploaded, way back when there were about 15 avatars.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 08:12 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quinn1- When came from your "pen" did not exactly jibe with the image on your avatar!

Just something that came up

My avatar image will change so, I wanted something for a pen that wouldnt be constricting, simple and easy to remember
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 08:14 am
Quinn:

I just noticed your little teddy bear. Is that little bear wearing little chains and handcuffs or am I seeing things? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 08:15 am
I just picked the one that looked most like me (right?). New Haven, how did you pick yours?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 08:16 am
your seeing things...yeah, thats it
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 08:20 am
ehBeth:

I picked it because, it was there! Maybe, there was something to my choice. Incidentally, I'm in the process of changing it. Razz
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 08:21 am
Quinn:

Your bear has chains, handcuffs AND a mask!
Boy-boy! Come on in Dr. Freud!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 09:09 am
The reason I chose mine was... among all those available at the time, it was the only one I liked. I said I was going to change it, but I don't know if I will. I'd hate to lose this girl, I've grown attached and I'm afraid she may be lost in the mists if I removed her from my profile. In fact, I wish I knew more about the sketch.

Misti sent me links to some great avatars but I haven't seen one yet that I love more. And I don't really like any of the "model" ones. Yecccch (pardon me if you get a photo of a model, but THAT's not me.) I also don't like cartoons as an identifier - bright colors are definitely not me.

Now that I look at it I see that it looks like a photo of me as a child... and I am, it is my failing, child-like.

I like the sepia-tone... it gives it an old-fashioned look, and I am that.

It is looking down, showing it is shy, OK?

I always wanted curly hair. Now, I think I have 'fessed all. Lord is there anything else??? Oh, yeah. She's so dang CUTE!
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 09:16 am
Well that's my photograph, of course. Isn't everybody's?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 10:30 am
LOL Swimpy Laughing

I picked mine because I love cats. Little cats and big cats. My favorite cat is the tiger, but this cute little kitty looked like it needed a home, so I scooped it right up.

I have a soft spot for all animals, so I think it's safe to say that I'll always be an animal :-D
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 10:34 am
Swimpy, I love your tiger stripes!
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 10:46 am
I wasn't happy with the available selection of avatars when I joined.

I went through the gallery at least four times before I noticed the one I now have.

He's a little younger than I am but he's friendly and playful.

Perhaps you could call him my 'Inner child'.
0 Replies

jjorge

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 10:54 am
Re: Your Avatar and You!
New Haven wrote:
For the most part, all of us have chosen an avator to pictorially represent us on this site. Why did you pick the avator, which you now have?

Is there any psychological significance to your choice of an avator?

Was your choice really only made in good fun, or is there some secret meaning to your choice?

Psychologists frequently tell us, that we as humans, are what we wear on our bodies. Are you what your avatar portrays on your computer screen?

Are you SURE?

New Haven
I must say that after asking the initial question your own answer seems a little insubstantial AND you tell us you'll be changing yours.
My friend, are you ducking your own question?
Question
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Your Avatar and You!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 02:08:32