Nagin in quarantine

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 07:05 pm
I'm not this fellow's big fan but can only roll eyes at quarantining him.

I admit to not getting the whole flu foo, even though I've some experience with immunology.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/07/new-orleans-mayor-quarant_n_212335.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,757 • Replies: 6
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 07:51 pm
MY trip to the doctor's was interesting. I went early and my Doc. was running late, so I had some time in the waiting area. There's a whole protocol about bringing swine flu likelies into the building. They need to wait at the elevator and call the intake desk. Someone is dispatched to collect them with two masks - one for the medical assistant and one for the patient. I saw it happen three times in about an hour.

Of course, one woman wearing a mask and waiting her turn was wiping her nose and handling the common magazines.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 07:53 pm
@littlek,
I'm an eye roller on swine flu, at present.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 07:59 pm
@ossobuco,
The country has gotten out of hand! Basic freedoms are denied because of the very slim possibility that the person he was sitting next to MIGHT have the H1N1 flu! I suspect there was more to his detainment than the Chinese are letting on.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 08:12 pm
@littlek,
I'm glad I've missed all this, as I'd likely have gone ballistic., and then have had to be interviewed. It's bullshit multiplied.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 08:16 pm
@NickFun,
Nick, I was educated with a bunch of strict rules re epidemics, most of which I agreed with at the time.. (I could review all that, may change mind, or well might not)

but, this stuff is piss poor.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 09:04 pm
Swine flu is easy enough to avoid, just don't do stupid ****.....

http://www.reekoscience.com/images/MiscPhotos/KidKissingPig.gif
0 Replies