Conflicts of a personal nature

wien

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 02:18 am
In conflicts of a personal nature, you can never really resolve conflicts.
Why do you agree?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 659 • Replies: 6
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 03:24 am
Welcome, Wien - are you from Wien?

You have asked your question in a very loaded way! I don't necessaruly agree - but it would help if you were a little clearer about what you mean - for instance, do you mean "personality clashes"? These can be hard to resolve - and sometimes just have to be lived with. However, conflicts about personal issues can, I think, sometimes be resolved - as can conflicts between people who are close.

can you say exactly what you mean?
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 05:26 am
Welcome, Wien.

Echoing what dlowan said.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 05:42 am
wien- Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

[quote]In conflicts of a personal nature, you can never really resolve conflicts.
Why do you agree?[/quote]

Interesting- You ask a question, and it is very obvious that you are convinced of the right answer BEFORE you even hear from other people.

In the first place I believe that you can, in the vast majority of instances, resolve conflicts of a personal nature. Resonable people with open minds are resolving personal conflicts every day. So when you say, "Why do you agree", you are assuming something that just isn't true. I definitely DO NOT agree with your statement.

Perhaps that sort pf behavior on YOUR part is characteristic of the way you relate to people. If so, IMO, THAT is why you find it difficult to resolve conflicts. Think about it!
0 Replies

Coaan

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 02:35 am
Hm, as the others said...

You'll need to explain the question a bit more fully...it's like saying 'what is this?' without describing what 'this' is.

So saying that...some people are never compatible as it were...for whatever reason, their personalities might clash...their differences of opinion might differ or they might just not like the way they do things..

It differs from person to person
0 Replies

safecracker

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 02:43 am
i'm with everyone else on this, the question is only really half their. It seems like you are trying to social engineer us into agreeing with the statment and in the form I am interpriting what you are saying I don't agree. Personal conflicts can be harder to deal with such as things you don't like about yourself or personality conflicts but they can always be resolved with an open mind and gradual steps towards your goal.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Tue 7 Oct, 2003 08:25 am
I'm going to take the question as "Do you agree?"

I do not agree. Resolving isn't the same as agreeing. Resolving personal conflicts isn't always a matter of seeing things the other person's way. It is a matter of understanding the way they see things and respecting that. There are no right or wrong answers all the time.
0 Replies