Through a Child's Eyes

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 11:09 pm
Through a Child's Eyes

Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a contest he was asked to judge. The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring child. The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the old man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there. When his mother asked him what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said, "Nothing, I just helped him cry."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 731 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 07:13 pm
Just helped him cry. Even better than helping someone laugh...<smile>

I once remarked that children were sacred, singh. Still holding on to that rose. Nah, make that a dandelion. Smile
0 Replies

husker

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 07:36 pm
A 12 year old girl (Reyna) from where we go in Mexico died 3 days ago from brain cancer. It's been a 3 year ordeal a lot of up's and downs and extreme hardship for a family that has very very little anyway. The family and church community there was not willing to give up hope.

Yesterday my daughter said "Mom I think Reyna was the one that received a miracle and it might be sometime for the people there to see it"
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 5 Oct, 2003 07:43 pm
Ah, husker, Crying or Very sad Thinking of Angel Unaware. Tried to get the music to play for "Put my Little Shoes Away". My dad sang that to me. Didn't work.
Goodnight.

From Florida
0 Replies

IDEAL Singh

Reply Mon 13 Oct, 2003 07:09 am
Through a Child's Eyes Part One

"Whenever I'm disappointed with my spot in my life, I stop and think about little Jamie Scott. Jamie was trying out for a part in a school play. His mother told me that he'd set his heart on being in it, though she feared he would not be chosen. On the day the parts were awarded, I went with her to collect him after school. Jamie rushed up to her, eyes shining with pride and excitement. "Guess what Mom," he shouted, and then said those words that will remain a lesson to me: "I've been chosen to clap and cheer."
0 Replies